Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I exercise, the worse it is.

I get up 3-4 times at night. I go straight to the kitchen in a zombee like sleep, and eat whatever is in site. Then I go back to sleep and do it again. It makes it hard to lose weight.

Does anyone else have this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I had that happen to me when I was trying to drop weight a few years ago. One time the "Cookie Monster" ate an entire jar of peanut butter. I guess the good news is that it didn't happen often and it went away when I reached my target weight. Did you try less of a calorie deficit? I think in my case I dropped weight too fast.

-Jeff
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Serious

This isnt a short-term problem, I've been doing it for at least the last 2 years... I'm not taking any drugs. I go to bed about 11-12pm and get up about 6am
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well

I eat a pretty regular diet. Nothing special, but I do try to mix it up.
 

·
The Right Wing
Joined
·
843 Posts
KendleFox said:
and eat whatever is in site.
Make sure that whatever is in sight is low in caloric density, and maybe has some nutritional value. Vegtables come to mind. Do you have any in your kitchen? Water is another good thing to have at night, fights dehydration and builds bladder capacity.

Get the cookies out of there. If all you can find are vegatables, water, lean meats and maybe some small fruits in the middle of the night you will be OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
KendleFox said:
The more I exercise, the worse it is.

I get up 3-4 times at night. I go straight to the kitchen in a zombee like sleep, and eat whatever is in site. Then I go back to sleep and do it again. It makes it hard to lose weight.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Is this something you cannot control, like sleep eating (a rare sleep disorder), or are you fully awake and stuff your face anyway?

If it's the first, seek help from a sleep clinic.

If it's the second, maybe you aren't eating enough during the day.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
sianne said:
If it's the second, maybe you aren't eating enough during the day.
yup...try eating like 6-8 small meals throughout the day instead of 3 big ones. Stop keeping crap in your house and you won't eat it. My rule of thumb--anything in your house will eventually find its way down your gullet. Stop buying it and problem solved.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm awake

sianne said:
Is this something you cannot control, like sleep eating (a rare sleep disorder), or are you fully awake and stuff your face anyway?

If it's the first, seek help from a sleep clinic.

If it's the second, maybe you aren't eating enough during the day.
I am awake, I just happen to be starving, like I havent eatin in 2 days. I do have difficulty getting a deep sleep.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
KendleFox said:
I am awake, I just happen to be starving, like I havent eatin in 2 days. I do have difficulty getting a deep sleep.
5-6 shots of tequila would cure that. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
...My rule of thumb--anything in your house will eventually find its way down your gullet. Stop buying it and problem solved.
I'm not able to explain this to my wife. She insists on having knick-knack foods in the house. Things like triscuits, wheat thins, cookies, M&M's, pretzels, etc. She also insists on saving all the crap goodies the kids accumulate at birthday parties, holiday gatherings, etc. She and the kids don't eat it. I do!!! Then they get pissed at ME. WTF? If you want it...EAT IT!

I give them a few days "Grace period" after grocery shopping and parties. After a couple days...It's mine!!!

Biknben (Ate 90% of the Easter candy)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
i've had the same problems, but in my opinion you should listen to your body if it's freaking out and wants more nutrients, right? most ametures benifit more from building power and muscles, not keeping their weight to the absolute minimum. i took a reccomendation from a vegan body building site and got a container of spirutein, a high fiber protien - nutrient suppliment. since it takes a while to digest high-fiber protein a glass before bed keeps the hunger pains away for long enough to get into a really deep sleep, and gives your body something to repair with while you're out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,452 Posts
You fat pig

KendleFox said:
The more I exercise, the worse it is.

I get up 3-4 times at night. I go straight to the kitchen in a zombee like sleep, and eat whatever is in site. Then I go back to sleep and do it again. It makes it hard to lose weight.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Keep shoveling it in, keep expanding, growing chins, offend all who follow you with your lumpy keister. You'll either grow to be a virgin manager of a scrapbooking store, hated by all who work under you, or you'll be forced to wed an abusive loser who has, like you, exhausted all possibilities of a fufulling relationship.

Hope this helps. It seems to be working on my teenage daughter.
 

·
LOOK lover
Joined
·
616 Posts
Jesse D Smith said:
Keep shoveling it in, keep expanding, growing chins, offend all who follow you with your lumpy keister. You'll either grow to be a virgin manager of a scrapbooking store, hated by all who work under you, or you'll be forced to wed an abusive loser who has, like you, exhausted all possibilities of a fufulling relationship.

Hope this helps. It seems to be working on my teenage daughter.
:D Morning laugh winner! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too funny

Jesse D Smith said:
Keep shoveling it in, keep expanding, growing chins, offend all who follow you with your lumpy keister. You'll either grow to be a virgin manager of a scrapbooking store, hated by all who work under you, or you'll be forced to wed an abusive loser who has, like you, exhausted all possibilities of a fufulling relationship.

Hope this helps. It seems to be working on my teenage daughter.
At 6ft tall and 190, my wife says I look just right, but I still dont feel sexy when I look in the mirror. Go figure....:rolleyes:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top