Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what wheel is on the front of these bikes?

Bicycle tire Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

It looks exactly like a Mavic iO 700, sans logos, but a little Googling tells me that Mavic only makes a track version (tubular, no brake track, no quick release).

The iO is apparently considered the fastest wheel for track sprinting, so if there's a road version out there, I want it!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
You're willing to pay $3k for a wheel for to save a few extra seconds? Maybe we can go ride together and you'll get me some Zipps so I can hang!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're willing to pay $3k for a wheel for to save a few extra seconds? Maybe we can go ride together and you'll get me some Zipps so I can hang!
well no - I was actually asking about what appears to be Chinese copies on those two bikes (I think they are copies because of the lack of Mavic logos, and because of the brake tracks on what would otherwise be a track wheel). However, search as I may, I have not found a source for them.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
well no - I was actually asking about what appears to be Chinese copies on those two bikes (I think they are copies because of the lack of Mavic logos, and because of the brake tracks on what would otherwise be a track wheel). However, search as I may, I have not found a source for them.
Something tells me pro teams don't need to use low end chinese wheels. Not to mention is there any guarantee the copies will be as fast?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts