Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Metal Bicycle tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Textile Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Can anyone identify this? What year, model? How much do you think it's worth.
It has been for sale for a couple years and I wouldn't mind picking it up but have a feeling the owner thinks it is worth a bit more than it really is.
Sorry picture no work. Try again.
Cant get pictures to load from PC. Took pictures of pictures on ipad. Sorry for low qual.

Attachments

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe a Mexico or an Export? It has the cable guides on top of the bottom bracket. What years did they have those? Also it is heavy compared to a steel Bianchi ELOS.

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, I was ready to call it a '79 to '81 Mexico. Thank you very much for the reply.👍 My google search continues.

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure. He has mentioned that he has seen them going for like $800 on line. I don't think he knows what this is and is comparing to the wrong frames. I think what it is and condition it's closer to $200.

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Late 1970s Super.
Mexico did not have crimp inside the chainstay.
Agreed--all the tell-tales:
-top tube guides
-single set of bottle mounts
-second gen bottom bracket
-beefy reinforcing brace behind BB
-over stay cable routing

1981 would have the engraving on the rear stay...

Pricing--depends on your area I suppose, but IME everyone who has a Colnago thinks it is worth more than a comparable bike and the market agrees, since everyone has heard of Colnago and knows nothing about other better steel frames from the same era.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's it. $300 is what I figured top dollar should be. So looks like 1980 then. Maybe I'll go talk to the owner on Monday and see what I can do.
Coincidentally, I have a new Colnago being delivered on Monday. Tracking info shows it has been sitting at UPS since Friday just 30 minutes up the road. Torture!
Thanks again for the help guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts