Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across an older Miyata frame today with Shimano components on it that I have never seen before. Granted my experiences are limited, but am going crazy trying to find something online to help me out. Can't locate anything definitive so I have turned to the experts here to assist.

Probably a early to mid 80's Miyata, can't get the make as the decal is worn away, non aero brakes, SR "scalloped" seat post, SR brakes, Sugino Super Custom crank and Shimano parts that only say Shimano and then have a stylized bow and arrow logo on them. I am at work and haven't been able to take anything apart thus far to get more info.

Thanks for your help.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
pibber said:
Came across an older Miyata frame today with Shimano components on it that I have never seen before. Granted my experiences are limited, but am going crazy trying to find something online to help me out. Can't locate anything definitive so I have turned to the experts here to assist.

Probably a early to mid 80's Miyata, can't get the make as the decal is worn away, non aero brakes, SR "scalloped" seat post, SR brakes, Sugino Super Custom crank and Shimano parts that only say Shimano and then have a stylized bow and arrow logo on them. I am at work and haven't been able to take anything apart thus far to get more info.

Thanks for your help.
The "mini Arabesque" components are first-generation Shimano 105, if I am remembering correctly. Decent stuff, I think, but a notch below the Shimano 600 Arabesque components.

Yours,

FBB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks FBB, I was able to tear into the bike a bit last night and was able to track down the numbers from the FD and RD-A105 which would equate to first generation 105 stuff.

I appreciate your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.