Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!!
Im new to the forum and to riding and need some help. I have been riding about 100 miles for 2 weeks on a friends bike and decided its time to buy a road bike. I'm not looking to race any time soon but I do want to try to ride hard, by myself and with friends. I figure I will ride a lot so I want to get a good bike. My budget is around 1500 give or take a couple hundred. I have narrowed my search to about 3 bikes but can not decide on what to get. Been to a few local shops and it looks like i fit a 54 or medium in each bike. I am looking at either the specialized allez comp, giant ocr comp 3, ocr comp limited,and a tcr comp limited. I have been on the ocr comp3 and the tcr comp limited. Will get on the others tomorrow. Im trying to decide whether i want the more relaxed ride of the ocrs or the racier allez or tcr, I cant really tell due the length of ride but is there a noticable difference?. If i decide comfort, ocr comp or comp limited? Race design, allez or tcr? I have read some bad things about truvativ cranks on here so im not sure if i should go with any of the giants, however the tcr and ocr limiteds have ultegra for everything else except the brakes and crank. The ocr comp 3 is 105 except for crank and brakes. I like the specialized because it is completely 105. All are priced the same. Should i go with the carbon frame with mostly ultegra or get the carbon/al mix with full 105? Also the tcr is a double and i live in a hilly area. Will this be a problem? The salesman at one of the shops said that i could change the rear to a 12-27 and that i should be fine. Do i get a triple or a double? What would be the order in which you would choose a bike out of my list. Sorry for such a long post, im just so lost and i want to get out on the road with my own bike.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you're saying the carbon and some ultegra would be better than the full 105 carbon/al mix? Also are the relaxed bikes really that much more relaxed? The more relaxed Ocr is a triple and the TCR is a double.I have no clue about how ratios work. The TCR comp limited is a compact gxp 36/50.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.