Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to relplace my wheels that I will train and race on. I have a set of bontrager race wheels that just got the rear warranty replaced that I will be selling. I also have a front ksyrium SL wheel and rear hub that can be rebuilt for about $250 or sold as is for about $200 ish +.

I am condidering the Reynolds solitudes ($433 shipped), the ROL Race SL's ($619 shipped), or a set of used 2010 ksyrium SL's ($500) froma friend that I knew took care of them.

I am 185-195 (winter) and am more of sprinter in the power departmennt. I am also open to hand built suggestions. I am ideally looking for something that is "bomb proof" and not too heavy (sub 1600g) for about $500.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Take a look at Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Blackset Race. They're 100 grams less than the wheels you mention plus they do that using more spokes too (24/28) and for less money ($330). Mine and a friend's have been perfect. 1401 grams. Mine have CX-Ray - 1354g. You just don't pay for fancy marketing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.