Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Black/Blue

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, look slike I'll be ordering my IRO as soon as they are through with inventory (hopefully soon!) and to tide me over till then I've been thinking of color combos in my head, being the stylish guy that I am ;)

I'll make a poll, but I'll list the colors i've been considering here, in no particular order.

Black and white - Seems to be clean and crisp looking.

Black and Green - I'm thinking of a deep emerald green, or an earthy green. Nothing bright here.

Black and orange - I'm a huge fan of orange, the only thing that concerns me is that orange seems to be really popular right now, and I'm looking for something spiffy but somewhat less done.

Black and Blue - Deep blue... deeeeep blue. :)

I'm asking here mainly because I think it may be dificult to find some things in these colors. I'd be happy with any of them, so I'm really looking for personal opinions, and ideas on maybe where to get some green walls or orange walls ;)

thanks guys,

joe

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Think Deep Pink.

Buy whatever they have and repaint it every couple of weeks with a spray can until the paint is a couple of inches thick. Then every few inches cut at an angle down through the layers of paint to get a nice rainbow 3-D effect and apply a final coat of clear.

Now that would be one of a kind styling.

BTW no thanks necessary, I'm always glad to help out :)

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know if I trust myself that much, MB1 ;) But you did give me an idea... what about black and Pink? I could deal with that.

joe

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
hmm

black and white - boring

black and deep green - not enough contrast, why waste 2nd color?

black and orange - Orange rules, why ya wanna ruin it by going halloween, go brown instead, think A&W colors.

black and deep blue - again, no contrast why?

orange is right route, but needs good color. I say Gulf Racing circa 1968-1972

http://www.gt40.org.uk/Gallery/Gulf.htm

you can either way Orange with Lt Blue Panel or vice versa (I'll use this scheme for when I get my Strong roadie repainted.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That baby blue and orange does look pretty hot. Brown and orange would be good, but I don't think that the IRO comes in brown. I'd really like something brown, green, and orange ideally, but I'm buying a complete bike this first time out, so it seems safest to stick with black as my main color.

joe

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
go to the cx page

and see the guys de vinci cross bike
as good as Black and white is gonna get.
who paints them (the IRO's)?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I couldn't tell ya who paints them. Maybe someone else on here knows though. their website isn't totally down, but there really isn't much up on there right now. I don't think that was up on there though before they decided to revamp it.

I suppose that if it was really bothering me I could get my friend who paints cars/airplanes/appliances to do a custom job for me, but I would have neither the money for the materials, nor the patience for that. I'd order it today if they weren't doing inventory

joe

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
For your first time out, on a bike you'll have for a while, I'd stick to primary colors. That way you can find tires or saddle to match. Vredestein, Vittoria, and Michelin all make good choices in a variety of colors so poke around there. I can't imagine trying to match tires/saddle/bar tape to something like those lime green IRO/Velocity DeepV wheel sets. Fizik makes their saddles in a range of colors as well. So poke around and match components and available colors.

I took the easy route and went all black but I admit I would have liked to do more color... maybe the next one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't forget black and red

The Velocity rims in red are RED. We're talking fire engine here. I have a set of the red Deep V's on my (red) Rob Roy. If you're getting a black frame throw in black hubs/spokes with the red rims, black cranks, stem, seatpost, h-bar... some black and red bar tape. Then when you decide to add a carbon fork the Alpha's will match perfectly...
Plus you can find everything in black or red.
(And no, red's not my favorite color).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts