303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6'2 215lbs
Recreational Rider 20-50 miles rides
Havent ridden in 10+yrs
Previous Bike: Cannondale/105 Shimano

I've narrowed it down to R5000 $2500 and Madone 5.2 $2800

$300 price difference, so equal price

Which would suit me better and better all around bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
do your research - get a C-dale 613. It's been discussed a jillion times in about every cycling forum you can think of , and is arguably the best bike for the $$. You can get a well equiped one for $2800.

IMHO of course :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
R5000

Take them both for a ride and then decide.

I went with the R5000 because of the stiffness and the feel. It’s hard to explain but the R5000 felt like an extension of my body and much faster, the 5.2 had no feeling and when out of the seat I could feel the flex in the bottom end and I’m only 175lbs.

Also my LBS was able to find me an 05 at a price I could not turn down follow this link for o5 specs http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/cusa/model-5RR5KC.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go pick up the Trek

If you are wanting the best ride on the road...go get the Trek. I just bought the Madone 5.2SL, My only regret is that I didn't buy this bike sooner.These are the quotes that pushed me over to the Trek. "It makes me a better man"..."makes me want to quit my job"..."it is faster then I will ever be"... I am 50 years old and I am like a kid on Christmas morning every time I ride this thing.
The other point was the Trek looked like it was doing 60 mph just sitting in the shop!!!
Later den

1 - 4 of 4 Posts