Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to get a new bike and i have two that i am strongly considering. They are the 2005 trek 1500 and the 2005 Giant ocr-1. Does anyone know which is better, or does anyone have any other bikes i should look at that are less than $1200? I was also wondering about the schwinn fastback pro.

·
Registered
590 Posts
dutch402 said:
I am looking to get a new bike and i have two that i am strongly considering. They are the 2005 trek 1500 and the 2005 Giant ocr-1. Does anyone know which is better, or does anyone have any other bikes i should look at that are less than $1200?
each would be a good addition.

just get the one that you like the best and feels the most comfortable.

then ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
which one fits you better? get a bike fit then go from there. you should go to a shop that will let you do an extended test ride, like a bike village or performance.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
comfort

Those bikes are comparable in every way component-wise, but totally different fit-wise. Buy the one you like to ride more.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
for me Giants

with their super compact geo are ugly. get the Trek, looks nicer.

·
returning newbie
23 Posts
atpjunkie said:
with their super compact geo are ugly. get the Trek, looks nicer.
I suppose when you are buying the bike for him you can tell him which is ugly or not. He is looking at that bike so he must like it enough.But, then again, I may just have falsely assumed he was looking for objective, useful opinions.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
dutch402 said:
I am looking to get a new bike and i have two that i am strongly considering. They are the 2005 trek 1500 and the 2005 Giant ocr-1. Does anyone know which is better, or does anyone have any other bikes i should look at that are less than $1200? I was also wondering about the schwinn fastback pro.
Do you want to sit up and be comfy, or crouch low and be super-fast? Unless you want to race, I recommend comfy.

- FBB

·
Registered
635 Posts
for 1200 (+/- 50 bucks) you should also consider (imo)

lemond tourmalet
specialized allez elite

i personally think the trek in disco colors/logo (as shown on the website) is rather ugly. so of the two id go for the giant. the specialized allez elite comes in a sweet red/white. i own a tourmalet, great pike, pm me if you want details

regardless, good luck and congrats on your future bike purchase

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might want to check out bikesdirect.com. I just bought a Moto Le Champ SL and love it. It cost me about $1200 w/ full ultegra and other top-of-the-line components. I did a lot of research and you won't find a better deal. The only drawback is you will have to do the final assembly/tuning, but your LBS should do it for $50-100. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts