Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding a bib short that fits me right. I'm thinking that I may need one with a plain chamois. My favorite pair of shorts are actually liners from some Endura mountain bike baggy shorts that I have. I also have Capo Forma bib shorts that I like. The Pearl Izumis I have simply kill me. I think I need a plain, boring, no-multidensity, flat chamois.

I've tried Assos, Giordana, Craft, and Descente. They either don't fit right or the chamois is in the wrong place.

The last two pairs of Capo Formas that I ordered had stitching fraying in several places and they were new!

Anyway, does anyone know of a company making bib shorts with just a plain chamois? I'm a really slender guy, so the European cut is usually ok for me. Thanks for the help! :)

·
What the Hell is going on
5,888 Posts
When you say plain do you mean animal skin chamois? If not, Performance bike an Nashbar has bibs that'll fit the bill (great price too).

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fast Eddie said:
Voler.
Verge.
LG.

I've found cheaper bibs usually feature less frou-frou chamois (I'm also on the hunt - some of my bibs are getting a little to thin)
Thanks man. I'll check them out.

I did some research and it looks like the top end Assos has a plain chamois.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Giordana Silverline

Not sure which Giordana models you tried but the current Silverline bib short has the very plain and reasonably thin 3D-OF insert. It does not have differential padding or anything too exotic, just some very light channeling in the chamois. I have this chamois in a few models of Giordana over the years and it seems to last quite well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Boure bib shorts have a very basic chamois. They are made in Durango CO and the customer service is amazing, I called them with questions about the fit and they actually made me a semi-custom pair combining medium shorts with a large bib top at no additional charge.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The top end Assos do have a somewhat plain chamois. It's two layers, but there aren't all the grooves and such. I had a lot of trouble finding the right short also. Unfortunately, looks like I'll have to find a new bib when these where out because I refuse to pay $300+ for a bib.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.