Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Colin Wilson and my son Dillon passed away on April 18, 2008 at the age of 2 1/2 after a 5 month battle with cancer. He was 4 days away from receiving a bone marrow transplant. My wife and I are crushed but have two wonderful girls Grace and Emma to keep us going. I am riding in a 100 mile cycling event in September 08 for the Team in Training group that raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. My page address for the event is: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ct/tristate08/cwilsonrnl if you feel motivated to donate, it would be greatly appreciated. I have entered late and only have about a month to reach my required goal to participate. I just wanted to say that this is not a scam or a way for me to make money by tugging your heart strings. No money is sent to me in any way. You donate through their secure site. Thanks again.

· Registered
7 Posts
Ride strong, for your son Dillion and my son Trent, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor in January, at age 2 1/2.

After surgical resection and 6 rounds of chemo, Trent's now in his 3rd week of proton radiation therapy, with "virtually no residual tumor".

Your link worked for me. I gave what I could.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm an alum from a group based out of Austin, TX called Texas 4000 for Cancer. (Rockies '06 rider) Our main goal is to raise money and awareness in the fight against cancer. We ride for those who can't. This year's ride is almost over, but if it's ok I'd like to dedicate one of the day's rides to Dillon and Trent. Also, I'm not sure where everyone is based out of, but we always welcome riders to join the team for a day's ride if they are in your area.

Feel free to check us out at: http://www.texas4000.org

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.