Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cycling Boob
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I have an opportunity to save a vintage frame from utmost humiliation and I need your help ID'ing it. The frame says "look" but the stickers seems a little bit suspicious.

First off, this is a cromoly (not sure as i have not seen the frame) frame which is why it's somewhat uncommon for a look. based on research it could be based on a kg 221 231 241. but the decals and patterns dont fit any (my eyes are about to bleed from googling look frames etc)

I've never seen a look badge on the downtube that wasn't strethced on the steel bikes. Also usually there would be a look stamped on flat part of the seatstay where it meets the seat tube. This frame is also missing the head decal.

Basically, i need to find out if this is really a look or just another looker. If possible what year and model. thanks [email protected]

View attachment 276327 View attachment 276328 View attachment 276329 View attachment 276330 View attachment 276331 View attachment 276332

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
I actually remember seeing those in the early 1980's or late 1970's. I actually test rode one. At the time, I was heavily into things Italian, though, and I foolishly disdained it. That's all I can contribute.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
I'm willing to stake better than even money on its authenticity. But don't give me a red mark if the bike turns out to be a phony. My memories from thirty years back are beginning to get fuzzy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.