Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a Schwinn world but that's all it says. I looked on their badge for the four numbers but mine only has three numbers 448. That's it the serial number on the bottom when turned over is GE847537. I believe I have tried everything to figure out the year and even a price but nothing comes up for me on this bike. I see other worlds but the all day world sport or tourist stuff like that this one just says world. It's teal in coloR and not a scratch on it. PLEASE HELP ME
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
"not a scratch on it", yet the decals are all scratched. What is up with these types of posts? People looking to sell crap on Craigslist and wanting a value or something? The price for that bike is $50. Good luck.

·
Registered
21,664 Posts
I know it's a Schwinn world but that's all it says. I looked on their badge for the four numbers but mine only has three numbers 448. That's it the serial number on the bottom when turned over is GE847537. I believe I have tried everything to figure out the year and even a price but nothing comes up for me on this bike. I see other worlds but the all day world sport or tourist stuff like that this one just says world. It's teal in coloR and not a scratch on it. PLEASE HELP ME
Stem shifters and "suicide" brake levers suggest maybe mid-late 70s? "World Traveler" was pretty much Schwinn's entry-level road bike back then. Very much a low-end bike. Replacement tires might easily cost more than the bike is worth. Why do you want to know this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts