Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Wildebeest!!!!

First!!!!

and yes a suit would be appropriate as long as there is a thong underneath.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,285 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
What should I wear to L2H's cousin's first communion? A suit?
Yes. That will show respect to the family. The cousin's immediate family will be dressed up, so go for that. You can't go wrong as a non-parishioner with a suit in a place of worship, generally speaking

For general church going, dress shirt and slacks is ok as a way to dress. Not too fancy, not too casual. Unless it is an African American church, in which case you should put on your best dress clothes, because everyone in the place will literally be in their Sunday Best.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
sportcoat, tie is appropriate. suit is never wrong, but probably unnecessary, if you're not part of the program. you're just a hanger-on, right?
kind of depends on the community, too.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bill said:
sportcoat, tie is appropriate. suit is never wrong, but probably unnecessary, if you're not part of the program. you're just a hanger-on, right?
kind of depends on the community, too.
Then how about sport coat and slacks with a dress shirt and no tie?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Then how about sport coat and slacks with a dress shirt and no tie?
All of this depends on the church. Wear the tie and you can strip it if people are not wearing them.

I'd scout a bit or just plead ignorance and ask. Some churches and some families get very serious about this sort of stuff and will be wearing suits, not just sport jackets and slacks, others will definitely be more casual. Generally I say go overdressed if you don't know.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Just make sure your leopard print leotard is worn UNDERNEATH whatever dress clothes you wear this time ok?

Sport coat should be alright. If you feel odd, just leave it in the car then.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
akatsuki said:
Generally I say go overdressed if you don't know.
+1. I might add, since, it is in fact, communion, I'd hazard a guess that a suit would be the most appropriate attire. Leopard-skin thong underneath is required, atmo.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It's a First Communion peeps! Are there no Catholics on this board?

Yes, a suit, but it must be white, white tie, white shoes. Think Cipollini and you can't go wrong!

Leopard/Cheetah skin thong required, of course. WWMD?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
zmudshark said:
It's a First Communion peeps! Are there no Catholics on this board?

Yes, a suit, but it must be white, white tie, white shoes. Think Cipollini and you can't go wrong!

Leopard/Cheetah skin thong required, of course. WWMD?

WWMD? What does the M stand for?

Cippo also wore this:

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I'm Catholic, sorta, and most places. slacks + coat + open collar is fine. If it's a formal crowd you hang with, then you can't go wrong with a tie.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
Creaky, big difference between dioceseseses . Boston, NY, Philly, Balto and Chicago.... suit and tie.

Denver, Dallas, Houston, southwest and west in general, more laid back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts