Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to gain access to Maestros website. Would like to rule out a problem from my source. Funny thing my check clears the bank and no more Maestros. Probably just website problems. Thanks in advance!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Not familiar with Maestros...

SPINDAWG said:
I can't seem to gain access to Maestros website. Would like to rule out a problem from my source. Funny thing my check clears the bank and no more Maestros. Probably just website problems. Thanks in advance!
Give me an address.

TF

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
"The page cannot be displayed" nm

·
Registered
38 Posts
It worked for me.

Maybe this is the cause ... ?

"© 2004 Maestro. All rights reserved.
Site last updated on 26/02/04 @ 18:45 GMT"

Cut and pasted from the site (although I'm not sure the times match up with your problem given the U.K. is 8 hours ahead of PST an 5 hours ahead of the east coast.)

Steve

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Contacted MSN technical support and they said the site was temporarily down for the moment and to check back again soon. Thanks for your help Steve and Turbo Turtle

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally able to access!

Had me worried a little.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hey Spindawg

He just upgraded the site recently so maybe that's the cause of the problems. What are you getting from Mike?

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The C-50 I have on order from him.

I noticed that my check cleared the bank for my C-50 and then bang his website goes down. I couldn't email him or nothin'. I got kinda concerned after mutiple attempts to gain access to his site. I was already kinda leary about ordering such a bike from overseas and this just added to it!

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was probably increasing the new Shimano prices.Even though I got the Record for my bike, the new Shimano isn't bad.I had the chance to ride it this past weekend and it shifts like a dream! The front derailer shifts like the rear, no more all of that noise when you go from the big ring to the small. I wonder why the new Shimano is so expensive, my guess its the supply in demand.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
SPINDAWG said:
He was probably increasing the new Shimano prices.Even though I got the Record for my bike, the new Shimano isn't bad.I had the chance to ride it this past weekend and it shifts like a dream! The front derailer shifts like the rear, no more all of that noise when you go from the big ring to the small. I wonder why the new Shimano is so expensive, my guess its the supply in demand.
The 05 Ultegra 10 will be similarly more expensive. D/A is expensive because Shimano raised the price and the dollar hit the crapper at the same time. 2004 Campy will be more expensive as well, as I recall about 15% more thanks to currency issues (I think that what QBP said). Swell. :(

Plus Shimano had dinged many internet dealers, so the people who are allowed to carry it are closer to full retail. Some bottom feeder sites were whining about it.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Not to worry

SPINDAWG said:
I noticed that my check cleared the bank for my C-50 and then bang his website goes down. I couldn't email him or nothin'. I got kinda concerned after mutiple attempts to gain access to his site. I was already kinda leary about ordering such a bike from overseas and this just added to it!
I bought my C-40 from Mike and actually went down to Bognor Regis to pick it up.

The shop's legit. Mike's a straight up business man and nice guy. He's heavy into bikes and taking care of his customers, many of whom are in the States. He's got three sons and they all race. The eldest two in Belgium and now the youngest one may be heading there as well.

He personally goes to the Continent to pick up the frames. When I got my bike about a year ago, Colnago's biggest problem was the number of painters which were substantially less than their production capacity. In the more popular sizes, they tend to have enough unfinished frames (C-40's although the demand for C-50's may be outstripping production capacity) around so that only the painting, if you ordered say AD-10 or other so called non-current color, would have to be done. Patience is the key.

What color did you end up picking?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts