Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an android phone which I want to use to follow pre set routes. I was hoping it would mimic a turn by turn nav system.

My bike club has some routes that have cue sheets for download, as well as ride with gps where you can download gpx files, and also some map my ride rides.

I have downloaded to my android
mapmyride, strava, endomoto, ipbike and cuesheet.

What is the best way to try to do what I would like, if at all possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IpBike can take a .gpx file and use it to highlight the route you need to follow on the map. With the map in the default mode of locking to your location and auto rotating navigating becomes very simple. Go to the route screen and use the load button to load the route you want to follow. If you don't have an offline map source setup then once you have the route loaded zooming in a bit on the map and using the 'follow' button can be used to get the necessary map tiles into the maps cache. Best to do this when on Wifi and you should then be good to go even if you loose the signal while out. Details on setting up offline maps are available.

Ifor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.