Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together new D/A bike. I have Flight Deck on my current Ultegra bike. I also use a Polar HRM (S410). I was thinking of getting an HRM/computer combo, but I am open to suggestions. Also thinking of wireless. Style is everything, after all.

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody cares

Nobody cares about your computer, and you're on everyone's ignore list! And, your a idiot.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
53T said:
Nobody cares about your computer, and you're on everyone's ignore list! And, your a idiot.

OK OK

Based on those criteria
Wireless, HRM and cycle functions and a little style.

The top of the line Polar I think is your only option. Which everyone read your message and said....he already knows the answer since he's already a polar user...ignore him...what a moreon.

Feel better now :)

Scot

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
53T said:
Putting together new D/A bike. I have Flight Deck on my current Ultegra bike. I also use a Polar HRM (S410). I was thinking of getting an HRM/computer combo, but I am open to suggestions. Also thinking of wireless. Style is everything, after all.

get one of those new GPS things... I mean, if it costs more it's got to be better, right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Garmin edge 305

wireless cadence/speed. HRM and GPS. Includes altimiter and topo. A very nifty gadget. At 435.00 It better be. However it does many,many more things. If I had the $$ I think I would get one.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Go Naked

53T said:
...Style is everything, after all.
Well if style is everything then skip the computer altogether. If you need some sort of measurement device then get a watch, one with an analog second hand is best as it makes it easier to count seconds at a glance without doing math. Otherwise I would say go with a higher end Polar where you get HRM, bike data and the options to add cadence and power if you want to buy the extras later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about a Forerunner?

If you multisport (run, xc ski, mountain bike, etc. this can't be beat. Very nice computer interface, training tools.

I have the 301 model with HRM. the only thing it lacks is cadence.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're gonna need a dual-core 3.4 Pentium 4 with 32 gigs of RAM and a very long ethernet cable. Oh, and some zip ties.

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Watch, hmmmmm

Keeping up with Junior said:
Well if style is everything then skip the computer altogether. If you need some sort of measurement device then get a watch, one with an analog second hand is best as it makes it easier to count seconds at a glance without doing math. Otherwise I would say go with a higher end Polar where you get HRM, bike data and the options to add cadence and power if you want to buy the extras later.
I have got THE watch. Yellow faced Festina TDF model. It weighs about the same as a pair of Ksyriums. French housewives chase after me here in Massachusetts. It even has a bike tachymeter with no instructions, so I don't know how to use it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts