Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A friend of mine is giving me a great deal on a specialized allez. The bike is " 56.5cm/L" it has that exact number and letter near the bottom bracked area. I`m size 19' on specialized mountain bikes. My height is 1.83mt (6.0'') and inseam of 33.07inches (84cm).

Do you think that bike could suit me?

thanks a lot!

BTW, if that bike is too small for me, according to my measurements, wich will be my correct size?

thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you ridden it?
I t sounds like it would be ok,if you can put some miles on it that might be the best thing.
If you are comfortable you can fine tune it with stem length/rise and saddle position .
Good luck with whatever you decide

·
Registered
91 Posts
A few guys on my team have that frame, one is about your size. He's got a lot of seatpost showing, but says that it is long enough for him, with compact and semi-compact frames that seems to be the trend these days...I'd go with the previous advice, if you're comfy, chances are it's OK.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try competitive cyclist too

You can also try the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator. It has a little more detail than the Wrench Science one, though both will give you a good ballpark. Your best bet would be to find a local shop that actually knows what they are doing to do a fitting. The CC site is www.competitivecyclist.com. Fit makes a big difference for sure. No point in having a cool bike if you are in utter pain within 10 minutes.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
philq76 said:
You can also try the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator. It has a little more detail than the Wrench Science one, though both will give you a good ballpark. Your best bet would be to find a local shop that actually knows what they are doing to do a fitting. The CC site is www.competitivecyclist.com. Fit makes a big difference for sure. No point in having a cool bike if you are in utter pain within 10 minutes.

He bought it!

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=695379#poststop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.