Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a big mistake, a few days ago, in pulling out a CD that is so old, it looks older than me. I popped into my car CD player, and then it happened. I listened to it once, then I played it again. I played it again yesterday, all the way to work, and then all the way home. Same thing today. It's like Meth. I just can't stop myself. I've tried to drown it out with Petty and Richard Thompson, but nothing works. I find myself humming the tunes all the time. Only sleep gives me a break.
What is this Band, you say. (or not)...............It is devo.....Yes, DEVO.....(flower pots, and all)
D-E-V-O.................There, I've said it..........The shame.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i think you should face your metrosexuality.

the first step, after self-acceptance, is mandals.

it will get better from here, trust me.

call me if you need a friend. or not.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
crack that whip
give the past the slip
step on a crack
break your momma's back

when a problem comes along
you must whip it
before the cream sits out too long
you must whip it
when something's going wrong
you must whip it

I heart you more now, Mr Grumpy. Everybody oughta love Devo! ;)

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Are we not men? We are DEVO!

Nothin wrong with Devo man. Keep it up!

joe

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Ah, a small pack of closet Devo fans. :D :cool:

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
their whip it video with the drum full of milk...mtv doesn't get any more old school than that. i remember the day mtv was born....what a joke it has become....

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
snapdragen said:
Ah, a small pack of closet Devo fans. :D :cool:

No need to be a closet Devo fan. I've seen em in concert, and it was totally rad.

joe

·
What the Hell is going on
5,020 Posts
Best Damn Video, Ever

Friction_Shifter said:
their whip it video with the drum full of milk...mtv doesn't get any more old school than that. i remember the day mtv was born....what a joke it has become....
Slightly off topic . . . but the best video I've ever seen on MTV was by the Replacements. I think the song was "Bastards of Young". The whole video was a black and white static shot of some poor schlub's speaker moving as the song played. Brilliant. I only saw it once on MTV.

Seen your video
Phony rock n roll
We don't wanna know
Seen your video.

·
off the back
15,317 Posts
i was that way with Big Star's #1 Record/Radio City when i first got it. that thing hardly left my cd player for months, and it was always in my car changer for like a year.

·
24,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I pray to goddess that I don't dream about flower pots.
Excellant job of "Working in a coal mine".
I can't even remember what year it was that I saw them on MTV. I never liked them when they came out.....But now......goddess save me.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
I pray to goddess that I don't dream about flower pots.
Excellant job of "Working in a coal mine".
I can't even remember what year it was that I saw them on MTV. I never liked them when they came out.....But now......goddess save me.

I re-discovered my Talking Heads collection recently. Good times. I'm just now re-discovering the Pogues. I don't know why I stick these bands away for years, then get back into them. It feels good listening to a song you really like but haven't really heard in years.

joe

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
Remove CD from player. Place in jersey pocket for next hilly ride. At top of highest hill, find viewpoint. Attempt distance frisbee toss.

Problem solved.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
dream about flower pots.
As long as you are not gettin urges to look for an energy dome on ebay yer okay... I think...

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
I don't believe this Mr. Grumpy, you are human after all. All this time I've tried to avoid conflict with you because you can be such a moody pain in the butt. Irritating and opinionated. And now you show this humane side of you, the DEVO side of you. My heart goes out to you, you are actually becoming one of us kindler, gentler Loungers (or NCDers, take your pick). Welcome brother, welcome.
Cheers, Wayne

·
24,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"you are human after all"
That's not what my DNA says.

·
Hill repeats, meh
145 Posts
There's absolutely nothing wrong with listening to Devo.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
You friggin moreon, take that cd out of your player, find the largest hammer you can and hit it at least 50 times.

- okay, there is my "Mr. Grumpy" suggestion. :D

ps - who is devo?

·
24,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
I made a big mistake, a few days ago, in pulling out a CD that is so old, it looks older than me. I popped into my car CD player, and then it happened. I listened to it once, then I played it again. I played it again yesterday, all the way to work, and then all the way home. Same thing today. It's like Meth. I just can't stop myself. I've tried to drown it out with Petty and Richard Thompson, but nothing works. I find myself humming the tunes all the time. Only sleep gives me a break.
What is this Band, you say. (or not)...............It is devo.....Yes, DEVO.....(flower pots, and all)
D-E-V-O.................There, I've said it..........The shame.
Dude...it's hip to be square....Devo rocks....now if you're talking about this CD that I saw in Target the other day then you might have a problem.

http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/Song-Albums/devo20/

//Are we not men? We are Devo. D-E-V-O.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts