Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike in the early 70's for my dad. He rode it maybe 50 miles total. Now he want's to try riding around the hood and wants a flat bar bike. Any Idea about the value? I haven't seen anything like it on the local CL.

Japanese steel, Atomi was OEMed (I think) for the LBS chain I worked for in Seattle.

Shimano fingertip bar end shifters added when new, were not stock. Shimano titlist fd and Titlist GS rd.

Note the sweet skip tooth cluster.

Sugino Maxy crank.

Dia Compe center pull brakes.

Araya aluminum rims on Shimano s c hubs. I think I built these wheels for him - I can't remember, but I don't think they were stock.

SR stem.

Sohrin Custom Road Champion handlebars.

Thanks for your help.

· waterproof*
41,745 Posts
Part it out on ebay. The frame alone will fetch $75+ from a fixie hipster. Take all the parts off, clean it up, take lots of clear well-lit close-ups to show how the paint is in great condition.

The bar-end shifters should go for $10-20, the brakes / other for who knows how much, set no reserve.

· RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought $100 was crazy dreaming...

caterham said:
ditto to $75
fwiw- the brand is "Atami"
My bad - Atami.

Yeh, it'll clean up well, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time to part out $150 worth of old bits. Thanks Folks.

· Lexicon Devil
964 Posts
Shoot, on the Craigslist here in Chicago, where even beat-to-hell junk somehow always fetches a premium, a bike like that would be priced at $200.

So, considering that, I'm gonna say you should price that thing at $125-135 and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.