• Get a 26er

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I thought you only road raced?

Votes: 1 1.9%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
To steal a bit from BikeSnob, see the following.
When you buy into a bike, you need to take several things into account:
• Road or mountain: Not everyone knows this, but most modern bikes are built with a specific application in mind. Some are better for going fast on smooth pavement. Some are built to handle off-road riding, letting you go up and over roots, rocks, you name it! Before you go into a bike shop, make sure you have a good idea which kind of bike you want.
• Cheap or very expensive: You’d be amazed at the great gulf that separates the least expensive bikes from the most expensive. A good-but-reasonably-priced bike can cost less than $700, while a custom-made exotic can cost ten times that amount. Ironically, the more expensive bike may weigh only one tenth as much. You’d think it would work the other way around.
• Which part of Taiwan was the bike built in? All bikes are now made in Taiwan, but not all of them are built in good neighborhoods in Taiwan. Ask the salesman, “Which city in Taiwan was this built in?” I’m sure you’ll get a prompt and helpful answer to that question.
• Was it built using IsoTruss technology? If it wasn’t, it’s simply not worth having.
What you may not have considered, however, is the bike color. The fact is, your bike’s color can say a lot about you, your riding style, and your value as a human being. Yes, it’s really that important. Consider:
• Red: If your bike is red, it says that you like to go fast, and also that you do not fear the sight of blood. If you are a timid rider, do not get a red bike.
• Black: If your bike is black, it says that you are either Emo, or that you don’t mind constantly cleaning your bike, because black really shows every speck of dust. I hope you’re not Emo, because Emo riders aren’t fun to ride with. They’re always listening to sad music, sighing heavily during the ride, and applying more black eye makeup during rest stops.
• Green: Don’t buy a green bike. If you have a green bike, someday you’ll lean it against a green tree or lay it down in the green grass and — poof — it will literally seem to disappear, due to the camouflage effect. Then everyone will have to get down on all fours and search for your bike by touch. It’s just not worth it.
• Orange: Depends on the color of orange. If it’s the color of orange juice, that’s fine, because that’s an honest orange. Same thing goes with pumpkin. Blaze orange is also good, but for a different reason: it will protect you from hunters. All other colors of orange are forbidden.
• Yellow: What, you think you’re some freakin’ “Mellow Johnny?” Is that it? Well, you’re not. There’s only one “Mellow Johnny,” and it’s Lance Armstrong. OK, I’m glad we’ve settled that. No yellow bike for you.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I'm thinking you should get a color that blends well with your tats.

Unless your teeth are yellow in which case brown is the best choice.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I'd go with the green. It's the new blackish pink.

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
That green is super hot..... I was sitting on one last night....very nice bike.. makes me re-think my choice of the Rocky Mountain Element

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Green, reminds me of my old Klein. I had a bunch of purple anodized stuff hung on it.
It was hot in the early 90's. If I were to buy a mountain bike with that green as an option I would have to go with it.

Or WHITE---NOT black.

The question should be.... Why full suspension on a 29er?

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
none of the above. you should ghetto rattle-can it like the Rock Racing boys. make it your own, baby!

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys sound like what I'm thinking. I still can't make up my mind.

Even though I agree that the green is pretty hawt, I'm afraid that I'd also hate it at some point- especially if I scratched it up a lot.

I hadn't really considered the white... but now that you mention it...

Oh yeah, and...

pigpen said:
Why full suspension on a 29er?
Because I can.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
No question - get the black. The anodizing is another plus.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i voted green, but it really depends on bling you're going to add on later, because you know you will.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.