Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some advice on mounting clinchers on the new Campagnolo Zonda 2 Way fit wheels. I had a difficult time getting on Vittoria SR tires and was unable to get an even fit. Then I tried Veloflex Corsa 23 and they work great.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had a similar issue with Neutron Ultras. Warm them up real good and I use mountain bike plastic levers. They are tough but it can be done. Hang in there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info....I think there maybe a problem with the Vittoria SRs because I had a heck of a time with my Campy Khamsins. I just noticed the the 2 way Zondas that there is uneven tire seating, it seems that there is a section that cannot pop into the edge of the rim. Will try to warm them in the sun next time.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have not used those tires so I can't comment on them. Conti's on the Neutron Ultras are tough when new but I have heard the two way fit wheels are tougher. Hope you get it all worked out. Campy wheels are pretty nice once they're rolling :)

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
I used a hair dryer to heat up the Michelin's when they wouldn't budge on the Fulcrum wheelset. Put it on high and blow it around the tire.

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
I would like some advice on mounting clinchers on the new Campagnolo Zonda 2 Way fit wheels. I had a difficult time getting on Vittoria SR tires and was unable to get an even fit. Then I tried Veloflex Corsa 23 and they work great.

Anyone experiencing the same?
It sounds like you are able to get the tire on the rim but not able to get it to snap into place as you pump up the tire. Have you tried talc on the bead of the tire? It makes the tire much more slippery so it will snap into place.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Actual tubeless tires are even tougher to mount on these wheels than clinchers. There's a couple of videos on youtube that make it look easy, but the sidewalls of the Hutchinson Road Tubeless models are so stiff, that I found it was easier with a wishbone style tire lever. The French tool company VAR make one (product #425) and it definitely helps with pulling the last few inches of bead over the rim, with a vertical pull which will not rip any rubber (unlike 'slicing' the tire on by digging between the rim and the bead to install it).

The VAR #425 should also be useful for other stiff tire/rim combos.

You can find this tool at Spa Cycles in the UK, they will do online orders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.