Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I have won the bidding on an '06 sirrus pro.It hasn't arrived yet and i am rather amazed that i have spent so much on a second hand bike!. I got rather carried away with the bidding and won it for 481 pounds .Oh, and i am a complete bike novice! Anyway..
The bike comes with nimbus 28c aramind bead w/armadillo tyres.I have read here that people do not rate them, please could anyone recommend better tyres. Will i be able to attatch panniers to the back, and i would like some mud guards. Please could anyone recommend a good online store where i can get these parts.
Thanks

·
my bike's underpowered
440 Posts
Don't feel bad about something that's already done. You bought a good bike and now it's time to enjoy it.

Here's the link for future posters:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2006&spid=21804

I don't know what the pound-to-dollar conversion is but the bike listed for $1600 US in 2006.

The rating for the Armadillo tires will vary according to what they're being used for. I don't have experience w/ them, but they're known to be durable & very puncture resistent. They're seem to be in favor w/ commuters and tourists but not w/ racers or anyone seeking high performance. I would suggest trying them before you spend money on new ones.

I don't have any recommendations for online stores, but it might help others to know where you live.

Good luck and welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for that.
I am now really looking forward to recieving my bike.Fingers crossed
I am a walker and runner at heart but i ruptured both my achiles tendons badly on new years day.I am still in quite a bit of pain and probably won't run again, so i am hoping to get into cycling instead.
I live in Dorset, U.K
Thanks

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I agree with what ksanbon has offered. The Sirrus is a nice bike and the tires may suite your needs, but if not, it's not a major deal to change them. Some of us more finicky folks do it quite often. :)

If you're located in the UK, this may be of interest to you. It seems to be very popular with members both in and out of the UK.
http://www.probikekit.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts