Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi looking for help sourcing a replacement set of forks for my 2006 Roubaix Expert. Hit the deck pretty hard and clean snapped one of the fork legs, well beyond repair I'd suggest.

I've contacted Specialized with the frame number but they don't keep parts from that far back. For reference frame number
STB45D0872.

I understand that this fork has quite specific crown diameter and bearing type and not a simple aftermarket replacement.

Obviously I can keep an eye on eBay etc for a compatible fork, but does anyone know of a quicker route to find a replacement?

Thanks
Product Yellow Bottle Grey Material property Product Bottle Material property Cylinder Steel

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, the crown on the 2nd item looks like what I need but I think the steerer tube will be too short. I've already bought one set of forks on eBay from a later Roubaix which didn't work and want to avoid any more costly errors especially when if I'm shipping over to the UK.
Given the age of the frame I may be as well to cut my losses, sell it and move on, just seems a crime as it's such a nice ride and super light.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That fork is just a standard 1 1/8". The later model year Roubaix's have a tapered fork & depending upon the year, the tapers changed. For a 11 year old bike, I wouldn't worry too much about brand matching. There are plenty of new 1 1/8" forks on ebay from various bike manufacturers as well as after market brands. The only thing you need to be concerned with is if the fork that you find has the same rake as the one it is replacing.

The rake determines how a bike will handle. You could take your fork to a shop & ask them to determine what your's is & go from there. Buying a fork off ebay, I would always recommend buying new just like helmets. You don't know how close to the end of its lifespan an item is just by looking at it. Also by buying new, the steerer is uncut & so you don't have to worry if the fork is long enough for your purpose.

Vintage Marin Carbon Fork, 700C, 1 1/8" Carbon Steerer NOS | eBay

Pro Carbon Composite Fork 700C 1&1/8 - FREE USA SHIPPING | eBay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts