Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day folks, Manny here from downunder. I'm looking at buying a Colnago Altain and dont know if Im getting a good deal or not. He's asking AU$1000 (US$730), is that a reasonable price for a late 80's early 90's frame? I must mention its in primo condition, all white and made from Columbus SLX tubing. If anybody can help that would be great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Altain is difficult to find but when I see it here in the States, it sells as a frame and fork for ~$500-600 USD.

If there is no rust and the component selection is good, I would consider buying it.

But It never hurts to make a counter offer :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The bike has no components on it tho, just the frame is being sold for US$730 (probably should have mentioned that), but after looking at it it looks like its never been assembled. No rust whatsoever and looks like its brand new. I will be taking some photos over the weekend to post on here for people to look at and give me their opinion. Even tho it might be a little expensive I'm thinking frames in this condition dont come along too often. Once again thanks for your interest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.