Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to Denver 2 days ago and live by Riverfront Park. I need a hand getting a place that has maps of the bike trails that originate from here. I'd also like to get an idea of when and which loops people ride. I used to live here 15 years ago and have ridden the Cherry Creek Path, but I remember it being hazardous to really do training on because of pedestrians. I think I can ride south on the Platte River Trail to the E470 trail.

1. Any sites with riding information and or maps for the Denver area?
2. Any good group rides in the area?
3. Some suggestions for loops of 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 mile rides in the area?

I was also thinking it would be nice if had threads stickied with information like this for diferent areas- like Denver Metro, Denver Southeast, Boulder, etc. That way as people discover various rides or routes they could add them and people who are new could just look at the thread for their area.

Any how thanks in advance for your help and maybe I'll see you out riding.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Denver bike maps are available at almost every LBS... swing into Turin. It was updated in '05 I think. Also, the City has 'em online (but I think the online versions are of limited use) at http://admin.denvergov.org/admin/template3/forms/BikeMap_FrontMay2004.pdf and http://admin.denvergov.org/admin/template3/forms/BikeMap_BackMay2004.pdf

From where you are you have tons of access. North on the Platte, west on Clear Creek can take you to Golden, or you can head out SE towards the Cherry Creek Reservoir and around... go south past Chatfield dam and you can head into Deer Creek Canyon. Too many options to list.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You live at Ground Zero for Denver biking. I lived across from Riverfront Park for 3 years and always managed to get pretty much anywhere in the city without having to encounter traffic. Use the city paths in off hours (ie not right after work or Saturdays) and the ped factor isn't too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.