Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
sdnomis88 said:
I just got a new frame and the rear wheel from my old frame does not fit. It is 130mm abd i measured the new frame which is about 125mm. Does anyone know where i can get a skinny hub? they are Aclass alx320 rims and Aclass hubs. Thanks-
What kinda frame are we talking of?

i.e. steel, Al, Ti & etc. & like that....

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
sdnomis88 said:
I just got a new frame and the rear wheel from my old frame does not fit. It is 130mm abd i measured the new frame which is about 125mm. Does anyone know where i can get a skinny hub? they are Aclass alx320 rims and Aclass hubs. Thanks-
Back up. What kind of frame? New or 'new to you'? Old freewheel type hubs (7-speed) are 126mm, but that may not be the best solution. What are the shifters? How many speeds? - TF

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
sdnomis88 said:
If you can remove 4mm from the left spacer, recenter the axle, and redish the wheel, you'd probably be fine... unless it is a steel frame with skinny dropouts and the axle ends up being too long. In that case though, you could probably just leave the wheel alone and stick it in the frame... it won't hurt anything.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
sdnomis88 said:
ok i figured it out. turns out the frame was slightly warped from the painting process. So i just pulled the rear fork apart gently and the wheel fit snugly. I may file down some of the left spacer like rruff said, just to take some pressure off the fork
Sorry, but paint doesn't "warp" a frame. Sounds like you're trying to fit a newer wheel into an older bike.

BTW, they are called "dropouts". The only fork on a bike is on the front.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dave_Stohler said:
BTW, they are called "dropouts". The only fork on a bike is on the front.
Unless you're talking about a track bike, single speed or similar. On those bikes, the rear horizontal, rear entry dropouts are actually called, "rear forks." No, I have no idea why, but I'm sure some history buff would know. And most do call them rear drops anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
sdnomis88 said:
ok i figured it out. turns out the frame was slightly warped from the painting process. So i just pulled the rear fork apart gently and the wheel fit snugly. I may file down some of the left spacer like rruff said, just to take some pressure off the fork
What year, make, model, anything are you talking about????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.