Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
laterly when I ride keep hearing a clicking sound. Appears to be coming from my front wheel, however when i stop pedaling the noise almost goes away. When i put the bike on the stand i don't hear the noise at all. Can any one help. here is my set up:
Casati Laser carbon
2009 Campy centaur drive train
Campy Euros wheels
Tufo tyres (just in case the tyres play a part)

Can any one help. the noise is driving me crazy:mad2:

·
Edge08
30 Posts
click!

Sounds like this may be a bottom bracket noise under load
Lube everything that can be lubed until you eliminate the sound

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
The mysterious clicking sounds...
there's a lot of places they could come from. Usually the first thing I look at is the seat.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Noise while pedaling normally = drive train.
But it could be anything that you apply stress to while you're pedaling - seat, bars ...
I think the only thing you have eliminated as the source is your wheels.

Sure it's not your knees? :D

·
Low Idiot Tolerance
329 Posts
Do some one leg drills. Pedal with one foot for a while and then swap legs. See if the noise goes away with either leg.

If so, it could be pedal bearings. It could be the crank to BB interface, it could be the BB cups or the BB cup in the frame.

Pull the BB cups and grease the threads, install and torque properly.

Check the chainring bolts too.

Chain not rubbing on the front derailleur? Stiff chain link catching on the derailleur or catching a jockey wheel on the rear?

You say it sounds like the front wheel. All spokes tensioned okay? Valve stem jiggling about in the rim hole?

I've got a click at the moment which I think could be the BB but I'm too lazy to pull it out. For the meantime, I just turn up the MP3 player.

Good luck.

- Uncle Grumpy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts