1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i wanted help regarding frame size
i can get a pinarello opera frame
problem size is pinarello 55 ( 55 c-t-c , 55 top tube)
my height is 171 cm , insteam 84 cm , saddle height 72 cm.
do you think ill get along with this frame size?
thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, amirt62.

If your saddle height is 72 cm, the 55 cm pinarello frame is too large for you. My saddle height is 74 cm, and I normally ride the 53 cm Prince (not the Prince carbon, the old aluminium one).
Notice also that all the modern Pinarello frames (particularly carbones) are a bit larger (my Paris carbone is 51.5 vs alu Prince 53 cm - almost the same fit).
Good luck!

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
The internet can't fit your bike for you.
You generally need a fit session with an experienced professional to figure out what you need. An inseam measurement and a your height doesn't give me anything to go on when fitting your bike.
If you have a current bike that you really like then try and match up top tube lengths with the bike you are trying to buy. The top tube length is the most important measurement on any bike. Inseam measurements provide roughly a seat tube height and even then most inseam measurements provided by people are not their real inseam.
That said I do believe that the frame will be too large for you, unless you have a freakishly long torso and no neck, then it might work for you.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
too large...

Despite posting to the contrary, you can get the correct size frame with the info you've posted. This frame is too large, forget that one. You saddle height is 1cm less than mine. With a frame using an integrated headset, I look for a head tube length in the 120-140mm range. Some brands will have both of these lengths. I would always choose the smaller, since I'mm also 3cm shorter and have a shorter torso.

If you are really interested in the sizing of Opera frames, you must know the specific model, since Opera is really a brand name, like Pinarello and there are severla models, that do not all have the same geometry.

http://www.operabike.com/home_eng.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.