Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this before, but thought I would again in hopes I could get some info.

I bought a new frame a couple of months ago at the flea market. It has no labels or identifying marks except for a serial number on the BB. I think it's a Fuji frame, but I am not too sure. I posted pics before and I got some good info, but I would like to pin point the make, if possible.

This is the serial number...
PRK0304887

Does it look familiar? Any similarities between this number and any other that you have seen?

I have contacted Fuji, but never got a response.

Here is a description of the frame.

Aluminum frame
Diamond shape down tube and top tube
Rear brake cable bosses are on the lower right side of the top tube
Integrated headset - 41mm
Removable derailleur hanger
V-brake bosses
Derailleur adjuster bosses on the down tube.
Three water bottle bosses, one on the seat tube, one on the top of the down tube and one on the bottom of the down tube

Thank You for the help and info,
Ian

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
If all fails, you can always take a chisel and take off that cherry candy paint off.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
CleavesF said:
If all fails, you can always take a chisel and take off that cherry candy paint off.
You don't like it? I'm not too sure I do either.

IRMB said:
Congratulations on your (most likely stolen) Oryx!:thumbsup:
Oryx??? Wow, finally I know what it is. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

As for it being stolen, it might be, but there really isn't any way to find out. I bought it at a flea market about 30KM from my house and the sellers come from all over the area, so to call every police department in the Montreal area would be a difficult task.

Wow, an Oryx. I am happy to know this.

By the way, IRMB, what model is your bike? The frame looks identical to mine. What about the serial number, is there any similarity between mine and yours?

Ian

· Registered
170 Posts
w98seeng said:
You don't like it? I'm not too sure I do either.

Oryx??? Wow, finally I know what it is. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

As for it being stolen, it might be, but there really isn't any way to find out. I bought it at a flea market about 30KM from my house and the sellers come from all over the area, so to call every police department in the Montreal area would be a difficult task.

Wow, an Oryx. I am happy to know this.

By the way, IRMB, what model is your bike? The frame looks identical to mine. What about the serial number, is there any similarity between mine and yours?

Ian
That's not my bike - I just did some research on serial numbers and found a match to 2 bikes with similar alpha-numberic sequences. From there I did a google image search and found the oryx. The oryx is an obvious visual match.

So yes, your serial number matches that of an Oryx.

Yes, if you bought a stripped frame from a flea market, it's most likely stolen property. What you do with that info is up to you. Sorry to be negative on that subject, it's just the way it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.