Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Sram force brakes installed and my back brakes seem a BIT too closed (i can barely see light between the rim and the brake pad) as i was relubing my chain and cranking the pedals i heard the rim skid against the brake pads...
question is. is there a way to get the neutral brake position a little more wider? say .5mm or .25mm even? its a bit too close for my liking and it sometimes causes rubbing in which then i have to adjust the whole brake set so that no rim is touching...

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
undo the cable anchor bolt and let the brake open up a bit, then tighten the anchor bolt back up. there are probably dozens of sites that have photos of how this is done, try park tools...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the ancor bolt the little lever that opens the calipers? so u can take the wheel off
im noob mechanic lol

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
daivs_T said:
is the ancor bolt the little lever that opens the calipers?
No. But right near it should be an allen bolt (probably 5mm) that anchors the brake cable. That's the one they're talking about - loosen it, let about 1mm or so of cable slip thru then re-tighten. Probably best to use your hand to keep the brake calipers closed, so you don't let out too much cable.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kykr13 said:
No. But right near it should be an allen bolt (probably 5mm) that anchors the brake cable. That's the one they're talking about - loosen it, let about 1mm or so of cable slip thru then re-tighten. Probably best to use your hand to keep the brake calipers closed, so you don't let out too much cable.
slip thru? like come out more? or back in?

·
Registered
21,636 Posts
Maxed out

daivs_T said:
i tried doing the barrel adjuster... but it was maxed out already =[
anyone?
What do you mean by "maxed out"? If it was screwed all the way in, then you need to let out some cable. If the barrel adjuster has some threads showing, then screw it in a turn or two, and your brakes will open wider. If you just look at the brakes for 5 minutes, this should become painfully obvious to you, both the function of the barrel adjuster and how to let out some cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts