Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Could you post a pics of the bottom bracket shell? Is there anything written on the dropouts?

It doesn't look legit to me. Should be a few logos engraved on the seat stay caps and brake bridge at least. It looks like a nice frame that someone stuck Pinarello decals on to get a higher price. Note the mismatched red Columbus fork decal and blue Columbus seat tube decal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have the bike yet, when I have, I'll take photos of the BB and other marks she have, thanks for your opinion ;).
Could you post a pics of the bottom bracket shell? Is there anything written on the dropouts?

It doesn't look legit to me. Should be a few logos engraved on the seat stay caps and brake bridge at least. It looks like a nice frame that someone stuck Pinarello decals on to get a higher price. Note the mismatched red Columbus fork decal and blue Columbus seat tube decal.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Yes, it is a Pinarello, one of the lower end models built with Columbus Cromor tubing. I'm not sure of the model name.

The fork is not original to the frame, that is why the Columbus decals don't match. I think the frame has been repainted, it should have a Cromor decal.

Replacement fork plus paintjob suggests possible front end damage from accident. Be sure to check around the headtube for signs of buckled tubes, or wrinkles in the paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it is a Pinarello, one of the lower end models built with Columbus Cromor tubing. I'm not sure of the model name.

The fork is not original to the frame, that is why the Columbus decals don't match. I think the frame has been repainted, it should have a Cromor decal.

Replacement fork plus paintjob suggests possible front end damage from accident. Be sure to check around the headtube for signs of buckled tubes, or wrinkles in the paint.
The bike will be here next Wednesday, I will take closer photos of the frame and posted here , thanks for your help ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.