Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to sell a G. Lapierre Superlux racing bike. (1975) Where can I go to find out a good asking price.
Thanks,
Mary

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
eBay baby....... not sure what a good asking price would be. if the paint is in like new condition and the tubeset is sL, SLX, EL-OS or higher around $500 tops maybe if you get lucky. advertise as a fixie if it has horizontal rear dropouts. but if it has seen use, is not a reconiziable classic and i don't think it is, has the usual marks, nicks, scrapes, fading, falling paint then it will probably fetch less than $200. post a photo........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the information. I have no idea what you mean by tubeset. Will it say sL on the tire? I will check. What are horizontal rear dropouts? Nothing has been changed on it because it wasn't ridden much. Thanks again for your help.
cmg said:
eBay baby....... not sure what a good asking price would be. if the paint is in like new condition and the tubeset is sL, SLX, EL-OS or higher around $500 tops maybe if you get lucky. advertise as a fixie if it has horizontal rear dropouts. but if it has seen use, is not a reconiziable classic and i don't think it is, has the usual marks, nicks, scrapes, fading, falling paint then it will probably fetch less than $200. post a photo........

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mary said:
Thank you so much for the information. I have no idea what you mean by tubeset. Will it say sL on the tire? I will check. What are horizontal rear dropouts? Nothing has been changed on it because it wasn't ridden much. Thanks again for your help.
from your first post i assume you were just selling the frame. SL SLX EL-OS refers to the tubes that make up the frame. usaually the manufactuer of the tubes will put his decal on either the seat tube or the dowm tube. the ones i mention have the highest value. if you are selling a complete bike i would recommend you do some research on google to find the model similar to yours. the most successfull ads will have a break down of the componets. more information about the size and the components will attract interested parties. I would suggest googling a search or vist sheldon brown's website. he has a vintage section.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selling entire bike

I am selling the entire bike. Thank you for your help. I never realized there was so much to know about bicycles. The only other thing I saw on the bike is that it has an emblem and said made in France. Thanks.

cmg said:
from your first post i assume you were just selling the frame. SL SLX EL-OS refers to the tubes that make up the frame. usaually the manufactuer of the tubes will put his decal on either the seat tube or the dowm tube. the ones i mention have the highest value. if you are selling a complete bike i would recommend you do some research on google to find the model similar to yours. the most successfull ads will have a break down of the componets. more information about the size and the components will attract interested parties. I would suggest googling a search or vist sheldon brown's website. he has a vintage section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts