Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to sell a G. Lapierre Superlux racing bike. Where do I go to find out a good asking price. I have no idea if it is valuable. It was my brother's bike.
Thanks

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Or...

if you can't do pic's (which would be the best method), write down as many names you can find on the bikes components (parts).

Look at the crank arm (the part with the pedals)
Look at the rear deraileur (the part in the back that holds the chain on the rear wheel cogs)

You may see:

Shimano Ultegra, 105, Dura-Ace

or

Campagnolo Mirage, Athena, Record

Look at the rims on the wheels, the part that holds the tires on. Usually the maker has their name either on a sticker or engraved in the rim. What names do you see there?

Is this an old bike? Since you posted the question in retro forum, I am assuming it is an older bike, say 10 or more years old. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike is a 1975 model

The bike was bought in 1975. It about the color of this background color. I will check on all the things you mentioned. I will also see about getting a photo. I know nothing about bikes except that I haven't ridden one since I was 9 or 10. Thank you so much for the information. Mary
racerx said:
if you can't do pic's (which would be the best method), write down as many names you can find on the bikes components (parts).

Look at the crank arm (the part with the pedals)
Look at the rear deraileur (the part in the back that holds the chain on the rear wheel cogs)

You may see:

Shimano Ultegra, 105, Dura-Ace

or

Campagnolo Mirage, Athena, Record

Look at the rims on the wheels, the part that holds the tires on. Usually the maker has their name either on a sticker or engraved in the rim. What names do you see there?

Is this an old bike? Since you posted the question in retro forum, I am assuming it is an older bike, say 10 or more years old. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post picture as soon as I borrow a camera. It was bought in 1975 and is this turquoise color. It hasn't been ridden much. Thank you, Mary
fbagatelleblack said:
Please post some pictures. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts