Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oky, I Spilled Wine On My Keybord

Now I'm Stuck On Cps, Mny Keys Don't Work (including Some Obvious Letters Missing From This Post Like The First Letter Of The Lphbet Nd Lso I Cn't Use The Control Key)

Laugh Ll You Wnt But I'm Not Joking, So Pointers, Plese?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,750 Posts
jtolleson said:

Now I'm Stuck On Cps, Mny Keys Don't Work (including Some Obvious Letters Missing From This Post Like The First Letter Of The Lphbet Nd Lso I Cn't Use The Control Key)

ODds Are Yoü neeD a KnEW keyboaird

FwIW

PS-don't use it for a day or two-let it dry out...odds are you;\'ll have a bunch of sticky keys @ best.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
jtolleson said:

Run up to Walgreens. They sell keyboards....

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Let it dry. If it doesn't work, get a new keyboard.

My wife was sitting on the couch drinking wine last night while watching Animal Planet. Our dog was on the couch next to her. A dog barks on the show, making our dog leap to her feet and start barking. My wife was surprised, flinched, and the next thing you know there was about a 10 foot spread of wine across the couch and rug. The worst part was that the bottle was empty so it was either no more wine or start licking the couch.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
jtolleson said:

The "a" works when you type "laugh", use that one, and delete the "l, u, g, and h". Problem solved!

·
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, it must have been in the final gasps when I posted that, because by the time I tried to post again, virtually all the keys were dead. I'm at the office now (and keeping all beverages far, far, away) and will be a new keyboard on the way home.

Argh! :)

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
jtolleson said:
Wow, it must have been in the final gasps when I posted that, because by the time I tried to post again, virtually all the keys were dead. I'm at the office now (and keeping all beverages far, far, away) and will be a new keyboard on the way home.

Argh! :)
This time get a keyboard that can handle it's booze.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jtolleson said:

if you're talking about a detachable computer keyboard try ruinning it through the dishwasher--no soap. Let dry completely. It might come through OK--if not you haven't lost anything. If you're talking about a laptop take it into a computer repair place.

·
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KenB said:
This time get a keyboard that can handle it's booze.

Yeah, my old one was clearly a lightweight. One glass o' wine and it was down for the count. For grins, when I go home I'm gonna try BoJo's dishwasher idea (below). After all, the thing's dead so it can't get any worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts