Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the surgical waiting room at Merriter in Madison. My mom is getting another new knee. I hope I don't inherit her old ones!

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Why are you waiting there? Go over to Budget and look at the old bikes in the Used showroom or the new ones in the Road showroom. Want to get coffee? I'm there in 10 minutes...

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Hope your mom's new knee works well.

I have a feeling you are a bit more active than your mom.... just a guess.

+1 on bike shopping and coffee

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TW....my sister will be here shortly, I guess I shamed her into taking 1/2 a day off...LOL

Chain.... yeah I am more active,a LOT lighter and a he!! of a lot younger!!!

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
You probably didn't bring your bike, did you? Tuesday's there a totally lame group ride out of the Capital Brewery at 6. Routes are easy and usually less than 25 miles, but they always end at the brewery... which has beer. I've been getting in a few hours of riding before 6 and using the 6pm ride as a cool-down and social ride. I know that's a long way to go from Lake Mills.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TWB8s said:
I'll sit with your sister while you go get coffee
I wouldn't do that to you....You never done anything to deserve that at least to me...LOL

I could go for coffee, they have my cell number but I really want to talk to the "sturgeon" when he is done.

I was going to throw my ss in the back of my truck...but I didn't. What was I thinking??????

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TWB8s said:
You probably didn't bring your bike, did you? Tuesday's there a totally lame group ride out of the Capital Brewery at 6. Routes are easy and usually less than 25 miles, but they always end at the brewery... which has beer. I've been getting in a few hours of riding before 6 and using the 6pm ride as a cool-down and social ride. I know that's a long way to go from Lake Mills.
Willy's got their big end of summer sale going on don't they?. A good friend of mine manages the one on east wash.

I did manage to squeeze out the time for 27 miles yesterday after I got my work done. I may get back in time for a ride this evening depending on how the surgery goes. Given the summer I had last year with health issues with mom, I am hesitant to leave until she is awake at least. She just went in to the OR, 45 minutes late and they said 2 hours (guess they need to wait until the glue dries????? LOL)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at least they have pretty good wifi and I have my laptop!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
out of surgery and in recovery....will be in her room in a bit...so far, so good

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
out of surgery and in recovery....will be in her room in a bit...so far, so good
:thumbsup:

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
this thread pertains to my interests.

(wondering how long I'll be able to make it on the original equipment... every time I visit the ortho he's loading me up with brochures about knee replacement...)

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Are the new knees carbon fiber?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Merriter -- too bad it wasn't UW Hospital. I would have my daughter look in on her and give her some encouragement on PT. Glad she is doing okay and hope she is up an around real soon.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Glad to hear all is well. When she's up and around, tell her the best part is that now, when she runs, she'll make that cool mechanical sound from The Six Million Dollar Man. :)

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
This pertains to my interests as I am due for a new knee in the next couple of years. There is no longer a way to avoid it. Just have to keep going as long as possible because I hear they are only good for about 10 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts