Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been threatening to post pics for a while now, and just pulled the trigger on a digital camera tonight. The pictures aren't the greatest, but I'm sure they'll get better once I get used to it, and once it stopps raining so I can shoot some pictures outdoors. I was just too excited to wait. Thanks for all your input everyone. I appreciate it.

Also, if any of you can maybe help identify this frame, the maker, whatever, that would awesome. It's a dedicated track frame, Campy drop outs, and CO121 is stamped on the bottom of the bottom bracket. I also tried to get some decent pics of the lugs if that helps. Thanks again guys, here she is:

Ps. Don't mind the filthy apartment ;)

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And one of the head tube, for the lugs:

joe

·
Registered
598 Posts
That is a noice color of green. I likey.

Is it just the perspective in the one pic, or does your bike have a 650c front wheel? I'm assuming they're both the same, but I've been wrong before.

Did you have her repainted, or is that how it came?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bkranich said:
That is a noice color of green. I likey.

Is it just the perspective in the one pic, or does your bike have a 650c front wheel? I'm assuming they're both the same, but I've been wrong before.

Did you have her repainted, or is that how it came?
Thanks!

They're both 700's. And the paint is all rattle can, done by the guy I bought it from (and who built it up for me) before I decided to buy it. He was affraid I wouldn't like the color... but I love it too!

Because it was rattlecanned, and orangepeeled in some places, I'm thinking about redoing it eventually in a dark, earthy brown, an earthy orange, and outlining the luggs in baby blue. A color combo that someone in this forum recommended to me. I think I may do it when I get the money/time.

joe

·
Polka Power
1,346 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Thanks!
Because it was rattlecanned, and orangepeeled in some places, I'm thinking about redoing it eventually in a dark, earthy brown, an earthy orange, and outlining the luggs in baby blue. A color combo that someone in this forum recommended to me. I think I may do it when I get the money/time.

joe
If the orange peel isn't horrible you could try and sand it out. Wet sand with 1500 grit or so and then recoat with clear. Do again. Then clear again...wet sand 1500-3000 grit then polish with a light compound. I did this to my white fixed gear. It had a rough powder coat on it that would not blast off or sand well. I sanded it best I could. Primer, sand, primer sand...color/sand two times...and clear/sand two times. It looked almost pro. Most rattle can won't last long tho. It's scratched badly. Just make sure the surface is clean of oils.

I guess thats too much work for a spray bomb. But hey, it was cheap and looked good for a while.

The frame is now broke. I have a "new" one. Think I'm gonna get it powder coated.

Sorry I don't know what the bike is.....

·
steel road, fixie, & MTB
611 Posts
lug lust

JoeDaddio said:
And one of the head tube, for the lugs:

joe

like the lugs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts