Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring always means new projects around here. This year we are going to replace an old wooden, 111 x 11 foot deck (which is essentially the main entrance to our house) with a stone patio. The second is going to be an honest to goodness wood shed because i am just fricking DONE with messing with tarps over my firewood 9 months out of the year.

I tore the deck off about 4 weeks ago, and am waiting for the weather to really break so I can get a truckload of gravel up here.

Until then We have been hunting of a decorative rock for the yard, a BIG one. We found it!

Here it sits until the ground is firm enough for unsuitable relocation! (sitting on logs so I can get chains and strap under it)

Glacial till....just a pebble, but it is pretty (and weighs about 3000 pounds by my calculations. We couldn't get it all the way into the bucket, so it was hanging way out in front. We had it chained in good, but every time I hit a bump at all, the rear end of the bobcat would come up off the ground. MUCH thanks to Dale, and Judy for this and thousands of tons of other rocks over the years.... Um, no, decades!!!

you guys who have been around for a while know that I love working with rocks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Aren't you still recovering from the last endeavor??

Have fun and by all means document the project for our enjoyment!

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Have fun building your pyramid Moses.

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
TOG seems to be getting boulder with his projects. I hope he doesn't take this one for granite.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
What a coincidence. My spring projects also include an extension to my walkway (just finished that one), a new deck (waaaaay smaller than yours), and a woodshed (if I still feel like it after the deck is finished).

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TOG seems to be getting boulder with his projects. I hope he doesn't take this one for granite.
Actually..... Quartzite, even harder!

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Nice ball and chain... .did you wife pick that out for you?

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
I've always been kind of a fan of Eric Sloane, and apparently the crafty old timers would wait for the freeze and sled the rocks around.

But the crafty old times didn't have bobcats, either.

Nice rock.

Am avoiding Sisyphus jokes.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've always been kind of a fan of Eric Sloane, and apparently the crafty old timers would wait for the freeze and sled the rocks around.

But the crafty old times didn't have bobcats, either.

Nice rock.

Am avoiding Sisyphus jokes.
Just popped and few more out of the ground in the woods, ground is nice and soft, so easy (a relative term) BUT.... too soft for the bobcat, doing too much damage.

Btw, sledding the rocks in winter required horses my "horse neighbor" moved a while ago.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts