Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife has been planning....nay, I should say plotting for almost a year now, to build a "teardrop" trailer. I finally got sick of the videos and bought her a new , 1 ton capacity trailer with highway speed rated tires. I dragged it to the lumber yard and we picked up the materials on her list. That was a week ago. This is where we stand now. It is a bit heavier than I would have liked, but my pockets are lighter. Then I also milled 31 , 1/2 inch cherry boards for interior paneling (will be planed to 1/4 inch and will ultimately be random width (horizontal) board paneling. We are actually a little further along this afternoon, but I am done taking its picture! Trailer is 5' x 8'.
Tire Wheel Tread Wood Automotive tire
Wood Architecture Shade Tent Tints and shades
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Wood Tree Grass Composite material
Tire Wheel Tread Wood Automotive tire
Wood Architecture Shade Tent Tints and shades
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Wood Tree Grass Composite material

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and there are 2 windows here too the smaller one goes next to the door (passenger side) the other, on the opposite wall.
Wood Flooring Audio equipment Hardwood Electronic device

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skylight just got here!
Cloud Couch Table Wood Textile

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Your wife emailed me asking for the stickers… THE DOGHOUSE … is that right ?

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Are you going to put a drop door in the back so you can drive your ATV into it. It might make a mess though.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,284 Posts
Gurrooovayyyy!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you going to put a drop door in the back so you can drive your ATV into it. It might make a mess though.
No but I have tie downs on the floor so my bikes can ride inside! I took the rear gate/ramp off the trailer the minute I got it home! ( it will be a real cold day in hell before I ride an ATV, let alone own one)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior
got one door in8

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spent HOURS AND HOURS today milling 1/2 rough cut cherry to 1/4 inch x 6 inch x 6 foot boards for paneling for the interior
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From our own tree!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what is the roof?
Roof is 2 x2 purlins, with 1/4 inch plywood. Bent BEAUTIFULLY! All fasteners are torx head screws, walls are T1-11 stained with the Olympic we used on our house, the roof and rear are covered with "poor man's fiberglass". First coat = titebond glue (premium, exterior) with canvas mashed into the wet glue then dried, with 4 coats of GOOD exterior semi-gloss, (Zinsser, mold and mildew resistant). Just installed the skylight day before yesterday. Needs caulk yet, but set with butyl and screw/clippy thing from interior. We are going to sleep in it in the yard tonight. Just ordered set of stabilizer/levelers a couple of minutes ago. So far we are about 2500 into it including trailer. Cherry for paneling is in the garage aclimating! I put threaded pockets in the floor to hold bike rack. Making progress, should be done in a week or two. Oh, picked up a wireless backup cam that is incredible! (under 100)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts