Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And, by this, I mean it in a completely kinda mocking and shocked point of view.

I was out a few weeks ago with an old female friend who invited me to join her and her sisters at some bar where there was gonna be a live band.

Since I haven't seen her for a few years, I figured why not?

So, her dad picked me up and drove there. In the car: Her mom and dad, her, her younger sister and one of their family friends who's about my age.

We arrive at the place and the younger sister's boyfriend is there. They greet each other in a really weird way. (Like, they pet each other on the head or something) I was like, wtf? That's her boyfriend? Mmm, ok. Weird. Kinda.

So we sit down in the bar, start to enjoy the music and the dad offers to buy drinks. I just wanted some water as I was having my allergies kicking my tail pretty bad so I even passed on fruit juice.

The sister's boyfriend then sits beside me and we have a casual conversation and he's keen on hearing about my stint back in America. So I find out that he's well, at the youngest, 20, going on 21.

I suddenly recalled my friend's sister and asked her: "Hey, was she the one whom you brought when we caught a movie together? Like, wasn't she really young then?"

Friend: "Yeah, that's her."

Me: "Oh ok cool. So how old's she now? "

Friend :"She's in (school name, level)"

Me: "Oh ok."

From that, I gathered the sister was erm, 15 at MOST but I'm sure she was 14 in fact. Like, 14 THIS YEAR.

That immediately brought a WTFOMGBBQ holy CRAP?? Whaaaa???

She's 15, he's 21. They're dating?? No friggin WONDER they greet each other by petting each other's heads (not koad) and a smile, kinda like someone petting their poodle or something.

I continue talking to the boyfriend, who seems like a nice guy, possibly down-to-earth and an overall good guy I'm sure (or hope at least). In fact, he even wanted to go grab a bite with me at a nearby café since he had some vouchers.

Soon after, the sister and parents left and just before they did, you guessed it, her boyfriend and her petted each others' heads like they were petting their Golden Retrievers!

I wanted to ask my friend what's the deal but forgot. So, my friend, the family friend, me, and her other sister (she came later) stayed for a little bit more before they gave me a ride home.

14 and 21? Or, 15 and 21? Still.... :eek:ut: :shocked: :incazzato:

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lets_ride said:
Are all their dates supervised like that...with mom and dad along?
No idea!

Really weird IMO.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Around here that would get you arrested and put on the sex offenders list.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turtleherder said:
Around here that would get you arrested and put on the sex offenders list.

He would get the same here if he did anything with her. I think the legal age is 16 though over here.

IMO, 18 is the youngest acceptable age. It's a lot safer and well, yeah, etc etc.

I wonder how you even have a 'real conversation' with someone of that age about more serious things other than the "ooh, that's a nice band! Oh, I love chocolate too!!" kinda stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know a couple who started seeing each other when she was 17 and he was 24. Five years years later they're living together.

And yes, it's weeeeeeeeeird.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You could start up a stimulating conversation re; the Jonas Bros.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
10 1/2 btwn me and my husband. we met just before my 21st birthday tho.

·
Potatoes
1,402 Posts
Indeed sir, weird sir.

I think that once most people get over about 17/18 age doesn't matter so much since we're mostly on the common ground of having finished school/in uni/working etc.

When you take a 14y.o. who's whole world is still going to school and someone that can legally drive and drink- it's a whole new ball game. A weird game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.