Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last night Kykr called and said let’s ride, we met in Madison at 8 this morning and headed out into a fairly thick fog. We had a great ride, almost 43 miles with over 2700 feet of ascent. We got back into Madison and were right next to our vehicles. I unclipped my left foot. I was fondly gazing at some of the local “scenery” when my bike started leaning to the right and down I went. The “scenery” did not appear to see the incident…tg.
Been a LONG time since I did that. HOWEVER, I mad sure the bike went down on top of me so I didn’t scuff it up.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
Well, last night Kykr called and said let’s ride, we met in Madison at 8 this morning and headed out into a fairly thick fog. We had a great ride, almost 43 miles with over 2700 feet of ascent. We got back into Madison and were right next to our vehicles. I unclipped my left foot. I was fondly gazing at some of the local “scenery” when my bike started leaning to the right and down I went. The “scenery” did not appear to see the incident…tg.
Been a LONG time since I did that. HOWEVER, I mad sure the bike went down on top of me so I didn’t scuff it up.
I did that today...

...twice.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
It's pouring so hard here I can't see my garage. I'm guessing now would NOT be a great time to practice some CX skills...

I might end up TOGing myself.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
robdamanii said:
I might end up TOGing myself.
:D

OK, sure T0G, don't worry - I won't tell anyone what happened... Rest assured, the Lounge socks were unscathed. Great ride followed by a nice lunch among the scenery and a couple of spotted cows (the beer, no reflection on the scenery).

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
It only happens when the scenary is around.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
The “scenery” did not appear to see the incident…tg.
Could have been worse- the scenery could have pointed and laughed..... :D

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
saf-t said:
Could have been worse- the scenery could have pointed and laughed..... :D
She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high
Thanks mr seeger

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my right hand and wrist are kinda sore.................i am such an idiot

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
my right hand and wrist are kinda sore...
That a result of the fall, or memories of the scenery?:D

·
Canon Fodder
686 Posts
I almost did that today as I was waiting for a light to change. When I realized I needed to un clip my first attemot failed causing me to wildly twist again and getting out just in time to save the fall. BTW I did 72 miles today. Slackers!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like I'm in good company here.....

Oh, and Dan........trust me, it would take more than a good memory to make my wrist sore...LOL

·
Registered
426 Posts
My timings off tonight

Touch0Gray said:
my right hand and wrist are kinda sore.................i am such an idiot
Is this where we jump in and say "No you're not"

Been there done that and got the sore wrist to prove it

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey Kykr....how the legs feel?

2700+ feet in 42+ miles is a workout huh?.... I showed 2:59:50 not great BUT there were some pretty good climbs....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Almost had that happen yesterday. Came up to an intersection and put my hand down on the cone in the middle of the MUT, except it moved when I put pressure on it. The 12 year olds thought it was amusing

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
don't hips start breaking at your age?

stop doing that...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JustTooBig said:
don't hips start breaking at your age?

stop doing that...
apparently not..I didn't break anything......this time

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
apparently not..I didn't break anything......this time
well, no sense in pushing your luck.

Congrats on becoming a verb. "So I was checking out the 'scenery' and completely forgot to unclip. I TOG'ed right there in front of everyone. Maybe I got lucky and no one else noticed...."

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
hey Kykr....how the legs feel?
The bruise probably looks like my legs feel. :eek: Nice and easy one tonight... Although the scenery is more like a C+ around here most days.

+1 on "don't do that anymore". You'll have a lot of chaperones on Labor Day at least. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts