Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
...?
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing the Folks on Spokes Easter ride??

http://www.folksonspokes.com/Easter.html

I'm seriously considering it, either the 45 or 65 mile loop fixed depending on how much riding I can get in before then. (crossing my fingers for some good weather soon) Who's with me?
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Maybe, but i don't think we really looked closely at what we have going on that weekend yet. i could use some spring miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
I'm thinking about it. Actually the route that it runs is one of my regular rides so I know where every crack, pebble, irregularity in the pavement is. It all depends on the weather... 40's and rainy...screw dat. If it's been dry and the MTB trails at Palos are in good condition, I'd rather ride dirt. It will probably be one of those spontaneous things that I often do if I do.
 

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
the wife has a baby bday party to attend. i think sunday, but it could be caturday.
if i did it, it would have to be the 45 miler. my flabby, hairy self couldnt ride much more than that.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Ricko said:
If it's been dry and the MTB trails at Palos are in good condition, I'd rather ride dirt. It will probably be one of those spontaneous things that I often do if I do.
have you been out there recently? i would think they aren't in good shape and won't be dry enough until may. i usually forget how fast they dry once they become rideable in the spring so i could be off. i'm a 15 min drive from there.
 

·
...?
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weltyed said:
the wife has a baby bday party to attend. i think sunday, but it could be caturday.
if i did it, it would have to be the 45 miler. my flabby, hairy self couldnt ride much more than that.
I have a feeling I'll be doing the 45 with the all the rain were supposed to get next week. :(
I'm hoping thats wrong though so I can get some serious riding in before then and be able to do the 65.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
tomk96 said:
have you been out there recently? i would think they aren't in good shape and won't be dry enough until may. i usually forget how fast they dry once they become rideable in the spring so i could be off. i'm a 15 min drive from there.
Actually I was out there Friday afternoon and it was dried up pretty well. The area in the NE quadrant of 95th and Flavin road in a real mess, I went in a little ways and aborted but all the other areas I rode just had a few soft spots. I'm going to head over there a little later this morning if the rain holds off...gotta check the radar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
weltyed said:
rain? hopefully it stays that warm...
It could start snowing sideways now for all I care. I got in a nice 3hrs of fun in the dirt and I'm in the house now with a beer in front of me...there's nothing like an endorphin buzzz!
 

·
Satanic Watch Winder
Joined
·
4,839 Posts
No climbing to worry about unless you cross I-57.
 

·
still shedding season
Joined
·
8,849 Posts
Thinking about it, but quite a haul from the western front. Tell you what, you guys guarantee 75 degrees and sunny and I'll be there. :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top