Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the San Diego Bike Club rides this weekend from the UC bike shop. I didn't take the camera yesterday since I was going to do the "B" ride. I should have done the "A" ride. Anyway, the Sunday ride is supposed to be a recovery ride so I took the camera. Before the ride even started, I got the dramatic shot of the LDS temple. There were not many picture opportunities since I was not familiar with the route and I didn't want to get dropped. We did the "three amigos" so there was alot of climbing, but nothing too bad. One person had an inclinometer and was calling out the grade on Highlands, that really didn't help me. Only four of us did the stud loop and I decided to stop for a picture since one rider was really pretty far back. I put my foot down and reached for my camera when I started hearing a clicking and scraping noise. I looked down a driveway and saw a dog heading for me at full speed. I decided to move along. The rider behind me had a good time with him. The surfer and coast shots are from Swami Beach and the brownie is my reward for a long ride. I did have to climb Torrey Pines afterwards, that hurt.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice photos, great report. I actually grew up down there, so I know that Torrey Pines hill well. That's definitely a nice coastal ride. How long will you be in SD? Are you stationed there now?
Later,

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
northcoast said:
Nice photos, great report. I actually grew up down there, so I know that Torrey Pines hill well. That's definitely a nice coastal ride. How long will you be in SD? Are you stationed there now?
Later,
I am here until October 17th on Navy business. I came out three days early to do some riding and get my bearings. I still have seven months left in Hawaii before I go to Sardinia. That should make for some good posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts