Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Looking for my Amish Love
Joined
·
948 Posts
bas said:
My friend who I did my first MoM (2006) with is aborting on me again.

let's meet up at the start and put some RBR smackdown on the peleton.
Bas,
I'll be volunteering with early a.m. parking. If I get done in time I will gladly put you into the red on the way out on rte. 42. I hope to complete the century in under 6 hour ride time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
capt_phun said:
Bas,
I'll be volunteering with early a.m. parking. If I get done in time I will gladly put you into the red on the way out on rte. 42. I hope to complete the century in under 6 hour ride time.
Umm, surely sounds it.. I had about 7:30 ride time last year, just under 9 hours overall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red Sox Junkie said:
Absolutely. I'm in the 6:30 to 8:00 starting group. We'll have to figure out how to get the RBR people together.

How bout look for me: 2007 AMGEN tour of california yellow jersey and nike 10/2 shorts.

Not sure about this: 6:30 - 8:00 starting group???

Start time is 7:00 am, no?

Mark and I will probably finish around 9 hours total time.
 

·
professional lurker
Joined
·
463 Posts
bas said:
How bout look for me: 2007 AMGEN tour of california yellow jersey and nike 10/2 shorts.

Not sure about this: 6:30 - 8:00 starting group???

Start time is 7:00 am, no?

Mark and I will probably finish around 9 hours total time.
start times are as follows:

7:00am — USCF license holders and former license holders
7:10am — Century under 6.5h and Double Metric under 8.5h
7:15am — Century 6.5-8h and Double Metric over 8.5h
7:20am — Century over 8h

I had to pick a time when I registered and I took the 7:15 slot. I'll look around and see if I can find you at the start. I'll probably be wearing a USA Flag cannondale shirt or a blue PI shirt. Did you have to pick a start time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Red Sox Junkie said:
start times are as follows:

7:00am — USCF license holders and former license holders
7:10am — Century under 6.5h and Double Metric under 8.5h
7:15am — Century 6.5-8h and Double Metric over 8.5h
7:20am — Century over 8h

I had to pick a time when I registered and I took the 7:15 slot. I'll look around and see if I can find you at the start. I'll probably be wearing a USA Flag cannondale shirt or a blue PI shirt. Did you have to pick a start time?
I saw something about 7:00 am start when entering a USCF license #, so I entered mine..

I didn't plan on starting then ;)

7:15 start time sounds good!
 

·
professional lurker
Joined
·
463 Posts
bas said:
I'll have to adjust must finish time <15minutes cuz they will probably have me starting at 7:00 on the list.

looking towards <9 hours total time and ~7:30 ride time.
I'm guessing I'm going to be right around there too. I'm going with my brother-in-law who is a bit faster than me so he'll problably drop me at some point. Is MarkS in?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,106 Posts
Red Sox Junkie said:
I'm guessing I'm going to be right around there too. I'm going with my brother-in-law who is a bit faster than me so he'll problably drop me at some point. Is MarkS in?
I'm in. I think that I am going off at 7:00 a.m. (I gave my expired USCF number with my registration.) Whatever time I start, I soon will be off of the back of the peloton, riding at my own tortoise-like speed. I have bas's cellphone number and he has mine. Once I decide on which fashion statement I plan to make, I will post which jersey I am wearing. I am thinking about wearing either a Michigan jersey (just look for the big block M) or a Davis Phinney Foundation jersey (which is blue and green). I will be wearing a white Giro Atmos helmet and riding an ancient Trek 5200 (with a triple on the front -- the only way I can get up the final climb).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MarkS said:
I'm in. I think that I am going off at 7:00 a.m. (I gave my expired USCF number with my registration.) Whatever time I start, I soon will be off of the back of the peloton, riding at my own tortoise-like speed. I have bas's cellphone number and he has mine. Once I decide on which fashion statement I plan to make, I will post which jersey I am wearing. I am thinking about wearing either a Michigan jersey (just look for the big block M) or a Davis Phinney Foundation jersey (which is blue and green). I will be wearing a white Giro Atmos helmet and riding an ancient Trek 5200 (with a triple on the front -- the only way I can get up the final climb).

My triple and 12x27 will be on..

And it still isn't enough to go up the climb without stopping :mad2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,106 Posts
bas said:
My triple and 12x27 will be on..

And it still isn't enough to go up the climb without stopping :mad2:
My shoes need new cleats. I have learned from experience that however new my cleats are, I will need new ones after the Mountain Lake climb. :mad: Not that I am planning on doing any walking, but I am not replacing my cleats until after the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MarkS said:
I'm in. I think that I am going off at 7:00 a.m. (I gave my expired USCF number with my registration.) Whatever time I start, I soon will be off of the back of the peloton, riding at my own tortoise-like speed. .
from email communication:

"At the finish of MoM riders this year will get a card to "x" the wave
they started in and also record what route (century or double metric)
and their bib number. You hand this in at the Finishers Shirt area."

so we can basically start whatever time, and this card at the end will do the time adjustment after.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Red Sox Junkie said:
I'm guessing I'm going to be right around there too. I'm going with my brother-in-law who is a bit faster than me so he'll problably drop me at some point. Is MarkS in?
I'll try to hang out on the slab of concrete over by the old school.

if you there are there 6:00-6:15 you should be able to park in the field there.

if not, i think there is another field down the street.

Have you done this before?

At about mile ~80?, the rest stop is back at the start. I keep a stash of goodies there for myself.

In the morning, you can give a bag to send up to the mountain top (with your rider #) that they will give to you..so put some sandals/change of shirt/shorts or whatever you fancy to relax and have a burger and get a massage by some old hairy dude.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top