Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a lot of pop ups lately and I wondering if anybody has used any of those anti malware/spyware removal tools? My buddy said he used a software program called "avast". I am of the belief that some of the anti spyware programs are actually spyware. I don't where I picked that up but I need to get some suggestions. I currently use Trend Micro for my anti virus software and it works pretty well.

Any Thoughts -


pop ups suck:mad2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Hands down the best anti-malware tool.

I've used McAffee and Norton but I don't really like either one!
 

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
do a google search for spybot search and destroy...it should lead you to a site called safernetworking or something. that's what i use

which reminds me, i should run a scan
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
firefox
 

·
Alien Musician
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
Yep.

shoerhino said:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Hands down the best anti-malware tool.

I've used McAffee and Norton but I don't really like either one!
As an IT professional I can state that Malwarebytes KICKS ACE.

If you install it and do a removal in safe mode there's only one or two things I've
seen it not be able to remove, it gets nearly all of the baddies and usually if you
can't get rid of it it's time to reformat and start over anywhere.

Malwarebytes: ASB's highest recommendation for malware removal.

Prior to that I was using Spybot S&D which is still good but MWB seems to get more of
the hard to remove stuff off the machine (trojan.vundo, downloader.trojan, trojan.fakeavalert,
etc etc etc).
 

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
Joined
·
12,638 Posts
aliensporebomb said:
As an IT professional I can state that Malwarebytes KICKS ACE.

If you install it and do a removal in safe mode there's only one or two things I've
seen it not be able to remove, it gets nearly all of the baddies and usually if you
can't get rid of it it's time to reformat and start over anywhere.

Malwarebytes: ASB's highest recommendation for malware removal.

Prior to that I was using Spybot S&D which is still good but MWB seems to get more of
the hard to remove stuff off the machine (trojan.vundo, downloader.trojan, trojan.fakeavalert,
etc etc etc).
I see you guys recommending this over and over but it has yet to pick anything up. I wonder if I just haven't picked anything up.
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,036 Posts
Henry Porter said:
I see you guys recommending this over and over but it has yet to pick anything up. I wonder if I just haven't picked anything up.
Consider yourself lucky.

Malwarebytes has been my go-to for a while now, but recently I've come across a few nasty variations of Vuundo that it coudln't get rid of. Suprisingly, Spyware Doctor w/ Antivirus saved the day.

PCs suck.

People suck even more.
 

·
MTBR Member
Joined
·
2,908 Posts
I just ran a quick scan courtesy of AdAware. It only found a couple cookies. After that, I used SpyBot Search and Destroy, and it found 20 more "problems" on my laptop.

Ad-Aware used to be my first pick, but somewhere along the way, I think it lost ground to some other programs.

I'm making this post on a Mac though.... :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top