Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
I think that's HW celebrating after hanging-out (definitely k0d3) with DH.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Don't you recognize Captain Gift Wrap? He was a super hero from the "60's, invented by Timothy Leary. :cool:

He is seated on his amazing multi-hit hovercraft that ran on hemp seeds and bong water. His main power was the ability to "mess with your mind, man" and then wrap you up in bright bows and "gift wrap" you for "the man"

/ and his accordion of freaky sounds could paralyze the "inexperienced"

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turtleherder said:
Don't you recognize Captain Gift Wrap? He was a super hero from the "60's, invented by Timothy Leary. :cool:

He is seated on his amazing multi-hit hovercraft that ran on hemp seeds and bong water. His main power was the ability to "mess with your mind, man" and then wrap you up in bright bows and "gift wrap" you for the "man"
Excellent! :thumbsup:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
2cflyr said:
i am in awe and wonder about what coop's response will be.
Coop probably knows him(?) personally. It's a Burner for sure and no newbie Burner at that.

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Coop probably knows him(?) personally. It's a Burner for sure and no newbie Burner at that.
no question about burner status, but i've got to hear the whole story....although the Leary thing was a fun idea.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Turtleherder said:

He is seated on his amazing multi-hit hovercraft that ran on hemp seeds and bong water. His main power was the ability to "mess with your mind, man" and then wrap you up in bright bows and "gift wrap" you for "the man"

/ and his accordion of freaky sounds could paralyze the "inexperienced"
poast of the month...

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
So you want the straight story? Actually, it's all I have time for...

The accordionist is the Great Morgani, a fixture in the Santa Cruz street performance culture. He's a successful, retired financier living his dream of playing the accordion, and he's a great buddy.

The sculpture is Satan's Calliope, constructed on a Harley Davidson golf cart. It's a mix of organ pipes, pulse jets, accumulator powered propane blasters controlled by a midi keyboard, played masterfully by Lucy Hoskins, another dear friend and Burningman campmate - this piece may be at the Thinkcooper ride in April - if we can coordinate details.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
From that same gallery I shot at a Bonny Doon Vineyard party that we helped "burn-up"

Mrs. TC

an even better place to sleep than my box truck.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
thinkcooper said:
So you want the straight story? Actually, it's all I have time for...

The accordionist is the Great Morgani, a fixture in the Santa Cruz street performance culture. He's a successful, retired financier living his dream of playing the accordion, and he's a great buddy.

The sculpture is Satan's Calliope, constructed on a Harley Davidson golf cart. It's a mix of organ pipes, pulse jets, accumulator powered propane blasters controlled by a midi keyboard, played masterfully by Lucy Hoskins, another dear friend and Burningman campmate - this piece may be at the Thinkcooper ride in April - if we can coordinate details.

Coop,

Is the spandex on the Accordion 1) separate from his uniform, or 2) is it part of it?

And if it's part of it, how does he get dressed?

And I wish I lived closer to that side of the country. I want to go on a ride with you guys, and then go to the party...

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
murbike said:
Coop,

Is the spandex on the Accordion 1) separate from his uniform, or 2) is it part of it?

And if it's part of it, how does he get dressed?

And I wish I lived closer to that side of the country. I want to go on a ride with you guys, and then go to the party...

The accordion has it's own spandex wrap and a matching strap so it blends in with his costume. Check out his website - he's brilliant in a crowd.

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
thinkcooper said:
The accordion has it's own spandex wrap and a matching strap so it blends in with his costume. Check out his website - he's brilliant in a crowd.
That is brilliant.
I heart street performers.

Too bad they would get arrested around here. The world needs more street performance - they tend to pull people out of their personal privacy orb, and force smiles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts