Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a thread yesterday night about my automotive woes, and it's gone today.

Was it deemed offensive by the powers that be? :blush2:

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did order some new rubba today.

328 bucks out the door. I ended up buying some General Altimax HP's from the "LTS" after doing some research on Tire Rack. I actually saved money buying locally.. go figure.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Jim311 said:
I did order some new rubba today.

328 bucks out the door. I ended up buying some General Altimax HP's from the "LTS" after doing some research on Tire Rack. I actually saved money buying locally.. go figure.

Pretty decent tire. Ours have lasted ~50,000 miles and are just now getting a bit noisy. Can be a little squirrelly on wet pavement but they do resist hydroplaning pretty well

YMMV.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skyphix said:
Pretty decent tire. Ours have lasted ~50,000 miles and are just now getting a bit noisy. Can be a little squirrelly on wet pavement but they do resist hydroplaning pretty well

YMMV.
I bought em cuz they looked like they'd do well with our rainy and wet summers around here. I hate tires that hydroplane.

The only reason I need new tires is because of a faulty pressure gauge at a local gas station. They have free air, so I fill up there as it's on the way to work and it's easier than breaking out my own air hose and compressor at home. I normally check it with a manual pressure gauge, but on this particular instance I was on my way out of town and in a hurry. I relied upon the pressure gauge on the pump instead of my own. After a belt broke on the highway, I checked my pressure on the tire and it was a good 20 pounds higher than the maximum pressure. I popped on my spare and rode home. This week I had two more break a belt, fortunately didn't totally delaminate or leave me stranded. So 3 broken belts on 4 tires, ugh. I'm just going to swap out the remaining tires for some brand new ones and not risk it. Lesson learned.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will make sure that my mechanic is not equine, and see to it that I do not pass out in the engine compartment.

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
Gee you don't think your title might have set off a few reported posts? :rolleyes:

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coolhand said:
Gee you don't think your title might have set off a few reported posts? :rolleyes:
You gotta do what you gotta do man.

I didn't really think it was a big deal. Buncha whiners around here. I choose to not be offended by anything on the internet. In fact, if you can offend me, I'd probably commend you for it. Because I have seen some of the most depraved shocking stuff that the web has to offer, and I'm pretty desensitized :p

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Is the car threaded?

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Jim311 said:

I didn't really think it was a big deal. Buncha whiners around here. I choose to not be offended by anything on the internet. In fact, if you can offend me, I'd probably commend you for it. Because I have seen some of the most depraved shocking stuff that the web has to offer, and I'm pretty desensitized :p
You truly don't think that the title of that thread might have been a bit offensive to some of our female members? Or male members for that matter?

"I'm a jerk because the internet is bad" is not now and never has been an explanation for insulting people. The fact that you choose not to be offended doesn't matter. Posting things that marginalize our members is never acceptable. What's next under that rationale, African Americans, Latinos and the disabled?

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Jim311 said:

pm me the title. i'm missing everything these days.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
terry b said:
You truly don't think that the title of that thread might have been a bit offensive to some of our female members? Or male members for that matter?

"I'm a jerk because the internet is bad" is not now and never has been an explanation for insulting people. The fact that you choose not to be offended doesn't matter. Posting things that marginalize our members is never acceptable. What's next under that rationale, African Americans, Latinos and the disabled?

You've never told an offensive joke that was in poor taste, but not meant in any seriousness? Something that appeals to a sick sense of humor, but doesn't necessarily reflect the intent nor the personality of the person telling the joke? It's just a bumper sticker, and should be treated as such - not a proclamation of my personal beliefs.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Henry Porter said:
pm me the title. i'm missing everything these days.
You and me both Henry. :mad:

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Does anyone else see the incongruity between claiming not to be offended or distressed by things on the internet and starting an entirely new thread to address one's ... well ... distress about internet events of the day prior?

Jus' sayin'.

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
Jim311 said:
You've never told an offensive joke that was in poor taste, but not meant in any seriousness? Something that appeals to a sick sense of humor, but doesn't necessarily reflect the intent nor the personality of the person telling the joke? It's just a bumper sticker, and should be treated as such - not a proclamation of my personal beliefs.
Then you shouldn't complain when it get's your thread nuked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.