Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. :)

I am just starting to get into ridding, have yet to even purchase my first bike. Came across this website as I started looking, went into the bike shop today and saw all different kinds of models from 200-2200$ and so many different accessories ect to look over, was quite overwhleming. I am planning on doing commute and recreational road biking. If anyone has any greater starter information that would be awsome. Well hi again, and I will see you around the forums. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
Hi sonz. Check out the major brands - Cannondale, Trek and Specialized. you should be able to find something in your price range. Be sure to test ride the bike. And shop and buy from a local bike shop. They should be able to provide you with a service contract and give you good advice. Have fun shopping and riding.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
And

look into cyclocross bikes for commuting. They have a nice long wheelbase (usually) and plenty of eyeletts to mount racks and fenders. If you buy a bike with Shimano componants try not to buy anything below the SORA Group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sonzo70;
I am new to Road biking and have been looking to buy my first road bike. I have been going into all the bike shops in my area and asking a lot of dumb questions, I tell them that I am looking to buy an "Entery-level road bike", and that money is a concern, ask if the sell used, some bike shops near college campus do, most bike shops don't Then ask for close-out in your size, last years model or even 2004,2203 if they are new.
Good-luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts