Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined here & wanted to introduce myself:
I’m a professional photographer/graphic designer specializing in medical photography and illustration. BS in biology & BA in art - go figure. I’ve had a bike as long as I can remember & enjoy road as well as mountain biking. I began bodybuilding in 1980 & cycling became a component of my training for competition. My hobbies include collecting, modifying, driving & photographing sports cars - the more exotic, the better. Have done some racing on track...in cars only. I’ve been looking for a bike forum to participate in for a while & decided to try this one. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Post a pic!!!

Just kidding. As a requirement for us picture and riding freaks you must post pics of where you ride and what you ride. Putting the two together is even better. We love to see other places, people, and things! If you really want to become endured to us all you'll provide ride descriptions also.

Welcome and looking forward to your pics!

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Post a pic!!!

Just kidding. As a requirement for us picture and riding freaks you must post pics of where you ride and what you ride. Putting the two together is even better. We love to see other places, people, and things! If you really want to become endured to us all you'll provide ride descriptions also.

lookit her profile pic moreon

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ridgetop said:
Post a pic!!!

Lots of cars & more bikes here. Where to keep them is the question. I race cars mostly but can hold my own in a bike sprint. I do both road & mountain pretty equally & love to ride at daybreak through marshland & maritime forest passing grey fox, marsh hare, & grazing white tail deer along the way. The air is heavy w/ wild honeysuckle, magnolia, & salt cedar. The bumps I take in completely fluid motions with the moist pungent earth catching my drops. Sweet. On the hard paved road again I delight in flight & easy rpms 90-100 or 1000. My machine is stealth, wind tunnel tested & I am worthy. Yeah, that’s my ride.

Now what were you saying? You want me to post pix of all 10 of my bikes & 4 cars?

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Bikes yes, cars heck no!

venus said:
Now what were you saying? You want me to post pix of all 10 of my bikes & 4 cars?
Of course with a name like that you should probably just post a photo of you in blue jeans (riding a bike of course).

"She's Venus in blue jeans Mona Lisa with a ponytail She's walkin' talkin' work of art She's the girl who stole my heart...My Venus in blue jeans is ev'rything I hoped she'd be
A teenage goddess from above and she belongs to me"

I suppose the fact that I can remember that song shows I'm no teenager and haven't been for a really long time.

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Geebus Boc, I meant related to commuting not her personally. We are in commuting where no one ever really shows themselves. We're all photographic apparitions over here. But she got it. . .the bikes! :) :)

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Definitely the bikes! Hide the cars. :)

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Also Venus, must add, nicely done on getting so cut down in your profile pic. My wife and I lift quite a bit but neither one of us has been that cut for some time. And I've got to admit, since falling in love with roadbiking I've dropped almost 20 pounds of muscle while somehow adding about 5% bodyfat. Must be all the post ride beers I enjoy.

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ridgetop said:
Also Venus, must add, nicely done on getting so cut down in your profile pic. My wife and I lift quite a bit but neither one of us has been that cut for some time. And I've got to admit, since falling in love with roadbiking I've dropped almost 20 pounds of muscle while somehow adding about 5% bodyfat. Must be all the post ride beers I enjoy.
I stay around 15% only gaining about 15 lbs off season. It is really hard to do heavy leg workouts & cycle too. I had to plan my long bike rides 4 days+ after training the legs. For century rides I didn't work legs for over a week. Side shot:

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
venus said:
I stay around 15% only gaining about 15 lbs off season. It is really hard to do heavy leg workouts & cycle too. I had to plan my long bike rides 4 days+ after training the legs. For century rides I didn't work legs for over a week. Side shot:
you're lower than 15% there though aren't you?

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I'd say she just about has to be with that much definition in the fibers of the delts and traps. That's a tough level to get to. Nice.

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
you're lower than 15% there though aren't you?
I never measure - just go in the best I can. I can easily judge that kind of thing & know how to get ripped. It's all in how you look onstage. Body fat is only one factor. H2O & playing w/ electrolyte chemistry is the other half the deal.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
venus said:
I never measure - just go in the best I can. I can easily judge that kind of thing & know how to get ripped. It's all in how you look onstage. Body fat is only one factor. H2O & playing w/ electrolyte chemistry is the other half the deal.
are you competing in all-natural bodybuilding competitions then?

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
are you competing in all-natural bodybuilding competitions then?
Yes. Never touched a steroid. Can't you tell by my physique? I don't have the huge musculature of the roided ones. I often wonder what I would have been able to build w/ some help from a little testosterone.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
venus said:
Yes. Never touched a steroid. Can't you tell by my physique? I don't have the huge musculature of the roided ones. I often wonder what I would have been able to build w/ some help from a little testosterone.
I know some people who did the natural contests--it's nearly impossible to compete against those who use chemical means to get big. I suspected you were in the natural camp. Ever read the book called Chemical Pink? It's fiction, but supposedly based on the world of female bodybuilding. Not a pretty story in any event.

· Banned
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
I know some people who did the natural contests--it's nearly impossible to compete against those who use chemical means to get big. I suspected you were in the natural camp. Ever read the book called Chemical Pink? It's fiction, but supposedly based on the world of female bodybuilding. Not a pretty story in any event.
Never read the book but I've seen it all around me. Plus I’ve choreographed routines for lots of men competing in the major leagues. I know all about steroids & have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly effects 2nd hand. Not for me. I’m all natural 100% train smart & do the show in your face perfectly. I take no prisoners but am kind to my fellows. Have that rep in any town in this here USA.

· T.R., conservationist
239 Posts
Welcome, Venus. I have gotten a lot of great info off this site since I started back riding about 3 years ago. Since you sound like an experienced cyclist I'm sure you'll be helpful to others looking for similar info.
And I will say I have testosterone but it doesn't seem to have done me much good. I look forward to seeing your posts in the training and conditioning forum that might be helpful. I lift 45 minutes twice a week and ride 100 miles a week in the winter and 150 miles a week in the summer but I just can't seem to add strength or endurance.
Anyway, welcome, and best of luck and happy riding.
Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.