1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So two nights ago my husband came into the bedroom to see:
Me with a teared-up runny left eye,
Holding a big bottle of saline eye drops in one hand,
Inspecting the flonase bottle I was holding in the other hand.

He said that he devoutly hoped that I hadn't just done what it looked like I'd done. Unfortunately I had, in fact, managed to get nasal spray in my eye. I have no idea how that happened...

So tonight he's not home. If he'd seen me holding my flash drive in one hand and filling my water glass with the other he'd probably have intervened. As it is, he isn't and didn't, so I DROPPED MY FLASHDRIVE INTO THE GLASS OF WATER!!!!!! USB END FIRST!!!!

It is a darned good thing that I've been obsessive about the dissertation that I am turning in TOMORROW and have a copy on my laptop. I think the flash drive is actually ok, I got it out fast, hit it with the hair dryer (on cold), and it's distilled water. But I dare not plug it in until tomorrow.

So in the meantime, while my stars are so obviously crossed, keep me away from the knives and explosives..... :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
I suggest you go to bed now.

Creaky will suggest a nice juicy steak. :)

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i need to re-revise the bits i revised earlier so that one of my committee members doesn't think i completely ignored her feedback...

I do, however, think that this might be the heavens telling me that my crazy idea to write a new introduction might be not a good plan....

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
you have talent. especially with the flonase incident.

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
You drink distilled water?

If so, why? Is this something I should be doing? Are there health benefits or something?

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
distilled/purified//filtered/whatever. I live in an area with heavily calcium-filled and mineralized water. It ruins teakettles. Point being I only had to deal with the water, not the residue. It dried out fast, though....

·
Good for you!
419 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
Who said she drinks it? I keep some on hand for filling car batteries and radiators.

She said she finished filling her glass of water. I assumed she wasn't taking it out to the garage for her car. :D

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Once the water evaporates, the flash drive will work fine. I don't know about your eye. Good thing that you started with two of them.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
sounds about as fun as the time I got jalapeno juice in my eye at work. I had just finished prepping them before going on my lunch break, and felt like I had an eyelash in my eye, so with out thinking, touch the corner of my eyelid to get it out. OMG bad idea. My eye was bloodshot and tearing like crazy with in seconds. One of the managers walked into the break room to find me with my head under the kitchen faucet and was like, "I dont think I want to know, but I have to ask" before leading me to the emergency eye wash station. Eyes are fun!

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seeing as I'm such a lifelong klutz, my post-klutz-reflexes are pretty quick. So I actually got my eye closed before any of the flonase made it in. I was rinsing with saline as a precaution. But yes, eyes are special. And my penchant for space-cadetness is similarly special.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
wagsea6b said:
You drink distilled water?

If so, why? Is this something I should be doing? Are there health benefits or something?
Eeew! I'll take tap water over here thank you. Oh wait, you probably do too :D

I'm finding those distilled water bottles to be really cheap though in stores etc vs. the mineral water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.